If you're a bassist looking to make a true investment in your musical career, and have been considering making it a Rickenbacker, then you're in luck. Introducing the Rickenbacker Ltd Edition 4003 Pillarbox Red Electric Bass - a UK Exclusive instrument, that's coming to a PMT near you soon.
Limited Run, Low-Frequency Powerhouse
Easily one of the most iconic and recognisable bass guitars ever made, the Rickenbacker 4003 been used by some of the music industry's most influential names in bass playing.
Having helped shape the sound of many peoples favourite music over the decades, it's no surprise that the 4003 remains so popular to this day.
Rickenbacker Ltd Edition 4003 Pillarbox Red Electric Bass Highlights
- UK Exclusive, professional-grade, special run bass guitar
- Limited availability - only 25 available across the whole of the UK!
- Elegantly curved Maple body with a subtle binding strip
- Comfortably slim maple neck, with a bound maple fingerboard, and traditional triangular inlays
- Two iconic single coil pickups provide all of the ringing sustain, treble punch, and solid underlying bass tones Rickenbacker Basses are renowned for
- Stereo output sockets allow you to hook up to two amplifiers simultaneously
- Familiar Rickenbacker pickup shield
- Includes deluxe hardshell case
- Home Delivery options available
Comfortable to Play
Thanks its slim Maple neck and uniquely-shaped body, the Rickenbacker 4003 offers a surprisingly comfortable playing experience.
Each and every fret on the fingerboard is easily accessible, and the bass in general is versatile enough to cover pretty much any playstyle.
Top Notch Electronics
The basic tone of the 4003 is extremely well-balanced, providing you with a solid midrange and a touch of high-mid honk with a nice, fast attack. This sound is easily tamed with the use of either of the two tone controls though.
With the bridge pickup you have the louder of the two, with a throaty, almost-but-not-quite harsh bark that can easily be softened through use of the tone control. In contrast to this, neck pickup focuses on plenty of warmth and fundamentals, producing a pleasing array of woody tones.
In addition to this, the Rickenbacker 4003 comes equipped with dual outputs, which allows you to divide your pickup signals and send them to separate amplifiers.
A favoured use of these outputs would be to send the neck pickup to a standard bass amp, whilst the bridge pickup is played through a guitar amplifier (often with fuzz/distortion effects).
As mentioned above, this UK Exclusive bass guitar is available in very limited number only, and is due to arrive in PMT Stores during January of 2020. However, if you would like to place your pre-order now, be sure to contact our Online Sales team directly.
Rickenbacker Ltd Edition 4003 Pillarbox Red Electric Bass Specs
- MPN: 504003PBR
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Body Type: Solid
- Neck Join: Neck Through
- No. Strings: 4
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4'')
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16'')
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8'')
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10'')
- Body Wood: Maple
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Maple
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16'')
- Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2'')
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4'')
- Neck Binding: Yes
- Fret Marker Style: Triangle
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Bridge: RIC
- Neck Type: Through body
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Mono and Stereo
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
- Supplied with Case/Gigbag: Hardcase
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||maple body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||rickenbacker bass|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.