Rapier 33 Electric Guitar, Fiesta Red
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The stunning new generation Rapier 33 is a product design from Alan Entwistle, the UK genius guitar designer responsible for a host of successful guitar lines and accessories.
Iconic 3-Pickup Design
The original Rapier 33, instantly recognisable with its forward slanted middle pickup, was the solid bodied electric that played a major role in the industry of British guitars. This legendary guitar served countless up and coming 60's British Beat groups and helped launch the careers of many guitarists in the 60's and 70's.
Whilst Entwistle has successfully retained all the glorious charms and visual characteristics of the original 'legendary' Rapier 33, significant and meticulous attention has been made within hardware upgrades, construction and playability for this fabulous new model.
High Quality Construction
Selected specifically for its natural sonic characteristics, Okoume, from Central Africa, is the chosen tonewood for the body, whilst for speed, comfort and accuracy, the 4-bolt, soft 'C' profiled neck with fully adjustable truss rod, is now crafted from hard rock Canadian maple, with a 12in radius rosewood fingerboard, fitted with 23 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret).
For accurate intonation, tuning stability and perfect return to pitch from the original vibrato design, the exciting new Rapier 33 now features a smooth, friction-free, precision cut 43mm nut, Wilkinson machine heads and high spec'd roller bridge.
With a 3 ply scratchplate, immaculate Artic White finish and new Rapier headstock logo, this guitar does indeed look visually very impressive. Stunning looks aside, modern upgrades also include pickups, internal wiring and controls which have all experienced Entwistle's magical touch.
A trio of Entwistle low noise EWR64 mini-humbucker pickups, with exceptional tonal response, balanced output and clarity are now installed and, when used in conjunction with the 'Bass Cut' switch, delivers that classic and much-loved 60's jangle.
"Both Volume and Tone controls are wired with 500k pots, linear and log respectively," says Alan "And, with jazz and blues players in mind, the Tone control includes a 0.015 mfd cap which retains clarity when wound back, whilst also delivering that classic, rich response when played with overdrive or distortion."
The original Rhythm/Solo toggle switch has been rewired as a 3 way pickup selector accessing neck, neck/bridge and bridge units. With the middle pickup now introduced via the second slide switch, 7 pickup permutations are available for an extremely versatile guitar.
Order Yours Today
Now with upgraded hardware, exceptional playability and performance, the new generation Rapier 33, will not only evoke nostalgic memories for old-school players and collectors, it's also the professional choice for Britains new young talent.
Rapier 33 Electric Guitar, Fiesta Red Key Features
- Body: Original double-cutaway solid body featuring Okoume, a central African tonewood chosen specifically for its warmth, depth and high-end clarity.
- Vibrato: Original Rapier Hi Lo design smooth action vibrato system, with chrome finish.
- Pickups: 3 Alan Entwistle low-noise EWR64 mini-humbucker pickups, delivering exceptional tonal response, balance output and clarity.
- Controls: Two Volume Controls and a Tone control. 3-way pickup selector switch. 2 slide switches - Middle pickup selector and bass
- Machine Heads: 6-inline Wilkinson WJN-05 machine heads provide simple, effective action for maximum tuning stability.
- Neck: 4 bolt hard rock Canadian maple with soft 'C' profile for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel. Fully adjustable truss rod,
- Fingerboard: 12" radius rosewood fingerboard, fitted with 23 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret).
- Scale Length: 25.5" / 648 mm.
- Frets: 23 - including zero fret. Medium profile for added comfort, accuracy and an overall positive feel.
- Nut: Precision cut, friction-free 43mm nut.
- Headstock: Classic design with new generation Rapier logo.
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.