The PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 continues the industry-standard desktop recording interface series that makes high-definition recording super easy.
With all the essential features to get pro-grade recordings, Audiobox 96 is the perfect recording solution for Podcasting, Vocals, Instruments and general Project Studio recording. Arguably the best audio interface under £100!
Easy to Use, Portable and Reliable
Recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz audio in a small, bus-powered unit with MIDI I/O, the AudioBox USB 96 is perfect for musicians, producers and podcasters that want high-fidelity results without breaking the bank.
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Key Features:
- USB Bus Powered Interface
- 24-Bit Resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz Sampling Rates
- Compact, Lightweight and Rugged Steel Chassis
- Zero-Latency Monitoring
- 2 Combo XLR/1/4” Jack Inputs
- 2 Balanced 1/4” Main (L/R) Line Outputs
- Headphone Output
- MIDI In/Out
- Compatible with Most DAW Recording Software on Mac and Windows
- Includes Studio One 3 Artist Software
- Includes Studio Magic Plug-Ins Suite
On the front panel, you will find two combo mic/instrument inputs which is extremely convenient for singer-songwriters, podcasters or two guitar collaborations. Also, built in MIDI I/O allows you to hook up your synth, keyboard or other MIDI controller.
Two balanced line level outputs and a loud, clear headphone out allow for easy monitoring of your work.
Just the Right Size
PreSonus have built the AudioBox USB 96 into a heavy-duty steel chassis to ensure that this portable audio interface can really taking a beating; a must for truly portable recording on the move.
They’ve also ensured that the headphone output delivers big volume and crystal clarity in your audio so that you’re able to work on your projects all the time – even in noisy environments.
As the Presonus AudioBox USB 96 is a bus powered USB audio interface, you can power it by simply connecting it to your computer or laptop – no need to plug into the mains.
Perfect for The Studio and Taking on The Road
If you’re new to recording or you’re a seasoned producer, the AudioBox USB 96 has something for everyone.
Providing high quality audio recording at all times, it’s great for use in the studio but with its compact and extremely rugged chassis and bus-powered capability, it makes for a very handy portable audio interface too.
Coming with a free license for Studio One Artist software, the PreSonus AudioBox 96 USB audio interface allows you to achieve high level recordings straight out of the box, whether on the road or in the studio.
Free Recording Software Included
Every purchase of a PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 comes with a free license for the PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW, an easy to use audio recording software solution.
Designed with creative music production in mind, Studio One is easy to get to grips with and can be used to compose, record, edit and produce your work with simple, essential tools.
It also comes with the Studio Magic Plug-Ins suite, giving you even more creative control over your projects. These plug-ins have been specially chosen from names behind some of the greatest virtual instruments and effects, allowing you to add some real professional level production to your mixes.
Furthermore, Presonus have designed the AudioBox USB 96 to be compatible with a wide range of software packages and so it works with virtually all audio recording software found on Mac and Windows.
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Specifications:
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/- 3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 Ohms
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref = 4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz: > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio 1 kHz, 55 DB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 DB): 0 dB to 45 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (=/- VDC) +48 VDC
- Type: 1/4" TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 0.5 MOhms
- Type: 1/4" Balanced
- Output Impedance 51 Ohms
- Type: ¼” TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 Mw/Ch @ 60 Ohms Load
- Frequency Response (+/- 1.0 dB): 20 Hz – 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-Pin Female DIN
- Digital Audio
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105dB
- Bit Depth; 24
- Reference Level for 0 DBfs: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 Bus-Powered
- Dimensions: 1/3U (Steel Chassis)
- Height: 5.5” (139.7mm)
- Depth: 1.75” (44.45mm)
- Width: 5.5” (139.7mm)
- Weight: 5lbs (2.27kg)
Computer System Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or Later
- Intel Core Duo Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or Better Recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or More Recommended)
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 X64/X86
- Intel Core 2 Processor (Intel Core i3 Processor or Better Recommedned)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or More Recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet Connection (for Activation)
- Monitor with At Least 1024 x 768 Resolution
- 20 GB Hard-Disk Space
- Internal or External 7200 RPM Storage Drive Highly Recommended
December 6, 2018Read Article
November 14, 2018Read Article
Easy to use, reliable and simple
Works well on mobile!
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*