The Pioneer PLX-500 in Black represents a more affordable turntable solution for vinyl DJs, audiophiles and DVS System users. The PLX500 retains the second-to-none reliability, sound quality and performance features that have made their CDJ Series an industry standard in clubs wordwide.
A genuine contender for a new industry standard - without breaking the bank!
If you're a music lover with a record collection gathering dust at home, or a full-time DJ that gets stuck into their vinyl, the PLX-500-B has got features to suit both. Great sound quality, rock-solid playback stability and modern connectivity makes it one of the best value turntables we've seen in a long time.
High Quality Analogue Audio
Retaining the core design elements of the PLX-1000, the PLX500 trims down the signal path route as low as possible to minimise electrical noise, unwanted artifacts and leaves you with pure analogue sound. If you're a vinyl record collector, you'll enjoy the benefits of a responsive Direct-Drive motor with the natural warmth of a vintage turntable. Modern DJs will feel right at home - everything is where it should be and sounds great with Timecoded Vinyls or your standard 12" or 7" records (adapter included). As standard, PLX features 78RPM playback mode as well as the standard 33 and 45 RPM options.
USB Digital Connectivity
The PLX-500 features a USB Type-B connection on the rear, allowing direct connection to a Mac or PC. If you want to convert your old record collection to digital formats without losing the warmth and richness of the original record, PLX-500 does the job. It comes with all the software you need to get started.
The Pioneer PLX-500 comes with the dedicated Pioneer DVS and Music Library software - rekordbox. Organising your digital music collection, applying ID3 tags and setting Hot Cues for your live show is easier than ever. Using its audio analysis technology, rekordbox detects the silence between tracks and creates a separate file in your collection for each one, so you can just press play and record a whole album from an analogue source to individual tracks without resetting the recording in between songs. After you’ve finished recording you can name and tag all your new tracks.
DVS-Friendly DJ Performance
PLX-500 integrates and works smoothly with Traktor, Serato and any DVS of your choice. PLX500 also features a switchable Phono/Line output, so you can connect directly to your PA or Active Speakers to play music without the need for a pre-amplifier or mixer. PLX turntables have been designed to dampen vibrations in nightclub environments, and feature optimised internal wiring to reduce distortion and sonic artifcats, even at higher volumes.
This turntable comes with all the accessories you need to get started: a dust cover with jacket stand, a slipmat and a silver edition PC-HS01-S headshell (cartridge and stylus included).
- Power requirements :AC 100 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Power consumption :11 W
- Main unit weight :10.7 kg
- Max. dimensions (WxHxD):450 mm x 159 mm x 368 mm
- Output :RCA × 1, USB (type B)
- Turntable Drive method :Servo type direct drive
- Motor :3-phase brushless DC motor
- Braking system :Electronic brake
- Rotation speed :33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
- Rotation speed adjustment range :±8%
- Wow and flutter :0.15% or less WRMS
- S/N ratio :50 dB or above
- Turntable :Aluminium die-casting Diameter: 332 mm
- Starting torque :1.6 kgfcm or more
- Start time :Within 1 second (at 33 1/3 rpm)
- Tone arm type :Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static balance type
- Effective length :230.5 mm
- Overhang :16 mm
- Tracking error : Within 3°
- Arm height adjustment range: 6 mm
- Stylus pressure variable range: 0 g to 4.0 g(1 scale 0.1 g)
- Proper cartridge weight : 9.5 g or less (single cartridge)
- Cartridge type : VM type
- Included accessories: Slip mat, Dust cover with jacket stand, Adapter for EP record, Balance weight, Headshell (with cartridge), Shell weight, Power cord, USB cord, Audio conversion cord(Stereo pin plug (female) – Stereo mini plug(male)), Operating instructions
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*