Peavey 6505 Guitar Amp Head Mk II
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
Peavey 6505 MkII 120W Amp Head Overview
To mark the 30th anniversary of one of the best and most imitated amps of all time, an amp that literally helped create an entire genre of music, Peavey is proud to launch the reissued 6505 II Head.
Contrary to much folklore since the amplifier’s inception, the recipe has remained virtually unchanged. However, over the course of time, component suppliers have experienced changes of ownership and changes to their manufacturing processes, things which can ultimately influence tone and unit-to-unit consistency.
After countless hours of A/B comparisons, conversations with scores of users and artists, and deep dives into the amplifier at a component level, we discovered some items had drifted. In particular, one of the most important items: the output transformer. The changes over the years resulted in a midrange that varied from amp to amp, so the purists here at Peavey decided to search for a solution. That led us to develop a top-secret output transformer, made in an undisclosed location to mimic the magical crushing tone of the original series.
This reissue is true to form cosmetically and sonically, going as far as returning to the plexiglass on the front of the 6505 II. Often imitated, our competitors have gone to great lengths to duplicate our success, but none are closer to the original than these. Peavey is proud to reissue these legendary amplifiers, the 6505 series.
Peavey 6505 MKII Specifications
- Six 12AX7 preamp and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- 120 Watts RMS into 16, 8 or 4 Ohms
- Two distinct tube channels with footswitch control
- LED “active” indicators for each channel
- Bright switch for Rhythm channel
- Crunch switch on Rhythm channel with footswitch control
- Separate equalizer sections for each channel
- Separate power amp controls (Resonance and Presence) for each channel
- Separate preamp controls (Pre and Post Gain) for each channel
- Standby power switch
- Bias test points on rear panel
- Effects loop with footswitch control
- 1/4" Preamp output jack
- Speaker impedance selection switch (4, 8, 16 ohm)
- Two parallel 1/4" speaker output jacks
- Metal three button footswitch with detachable 25’ cable
|Shipping Weight (kg)||25.000000|
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.