Neumann KM 184 Condenser Microphone in Nickel
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The slender shape and transmission characteristics described below make the KM184 especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector. It is extremely quiet (16dB A-weighted self-noise), making it excellent for capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic guitar and orchestral perf ormances . The KM 184 microphone is the successor of the well proven KM 84, which has been used since the seventies worldwide with great success. Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140.
The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances. Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 21 dB mainly through the reduction of self- noise level to only 25 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138 dB. The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders.
The output of the KM 184, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered. The KM 184 is a good choice for all users who look for a high- quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range. The mechanical construction was simplified for this model, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the KM 184 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones.
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g. DAT/CF recorders)
- Set includes windshield and two different microphone clamps
- Low Noise - 16dB A-weighted self-noise
- Varied Applications
- Economical, plus stereo set option available
Neumann KM 184 Condenser Microphone in Nickel Specifications:
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Frequency range Hz: 20 - 20,000
- Sensitivity mV/Pa: 12 (-36.2dBu=+38.4dBv)
- Rated impedance Ohms: 50
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: DIN 45 405 CCIR 468-3 dB: 25, DIN/IEC 651 dB-A: 16
- S/N ratio re 1 Pa at 1 kHz: CCIR dB: 69 (S/N=94dB - equiv. noise), A-weighted dB-A : 8
- Max. SPL for less than 0.5% THD without pre-attenuation dB: 38
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier dB: 122
- Power consumption mA: 2
- Weight g: 80
- Dimensions: Diameter mm: 22, Length mm 107
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.