This Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, with its Pacific Blue Burst finish, is a prime example of Music Man's dedication to producing incredible instruments that are built to stand the test of time.
Big Sound, In A Smaller, More Ergonomic Design
The Music Man Sterling was originally released in the early 1990s to offer bass players the same kind of sound produced by the popular StingRay5, but in a more compact format.
Not to be confused with the budget friendly Sterling by Music Man lineup, the Music Man Sterling is an American-made high-quality bass in its own right.
Music Man Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, Pacific Blue Burst Highlights
- Premium-quality 5-string Electric Bass from Music Man
- Sterling model (not to be confused with the budget-friendly Sterling by Music Man lineup)
- Slimline Ash body, with a rare Pacific Blue Burst finish
- Super-sleek Maple neck, with a "C" profile shape, and 22-fret Maple fingerboard
- Powerful ceramic humbucker with a unique switching system and 3-band Active EQ
- Includes Hardshell Case
Despite resembling the more famous StingRay5 at first glance, the Music Man Sterling 5 is lighter, relatively smaller, has a slimmer neck, and a different electronics system - utilising ceramic magnet pickups instead of alnico.
The end result is a dynamic, high-performance bass, with an incredible tone that can cut through pretty much any mix with ease.
Inspired by the electronics system on the hugely-popular StingRay5, the Music Man Sterling 5 Bass features a single Ceramic humbucker and a 3-way coil selector switch.
This switch is designed to offer three different coil setup modes: parallel, single coil, and series - giving you plenty of tonal options at your disposal.
In addition to this, the humbucker hides a little secret stashed out of sight: a "phantom coil". This extra coil's sole purpose is to eliminate any unwanted hum when Single Coil mode is active.
Last Chance To Buy
Since the particular finish was only available for a limited time, it's unfortunately pretty difficult to come by these days. Luckily for you we still have this instrument in stock... but not for long, as there's only 1 left!
Contact our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query the availability of this awesome 5-stringed bass guitar, and don't forget: if you place your order Online you can choose from our range of Home Delivery options.
Music Man Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, Pacific Blue Burst Specs
- Model: Sterling 5
- Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-1/4" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.9 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - Music Man humbucking with ceramic magnets and hum canceling phantom coil
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select maple neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||5 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
September 4, 2019Read Article
March 27, 2019Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.