Music Man Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, Pacific Blue Burst
Availability: THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
This product is currently unavailable for delivery
This Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, with its Pacific Blue Burst finish, is a prime example of Music Man's dedication to producing incredible instruments that are built to stand the test of time.
Big Sound, In A Smaller, More Ergonomic Design
The Music Man Sterling was originally released in the early 1990s to offer bass players the same kind of sound produced by the popular StingRay5, but in a more compact format.
Not to be confused with the budget friendly Sterling by Music Man lineup, the Music Man Sterling is an American-made high-quality bass in its own right.
Music Man Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, Pacific Blue Burst Highlights
- Premium-quality 5-string Electric Bass from Music Man
- Sterling model (not to be confused with the budget-friendly Sterling by Music Man lineup)
- Slimline Ash body, with a rare Pacific Blue Burst finish
- Super-sleek Maple neck, with a "C" profile shape, and 22-fret Maple fingerboard
- Powerful ceramic humbucker with a unique switching system and 3-band Active EQ
- Includes Hardshell Case
Despite resembling the more famous StingRay5 at first glance, the Music Man Sterling 5 is lighter, relatively smaller, has a slimmer neck, and a different electronics system - utilising ceramic magnet pickups instead of alnico.
The end result is a dynamic, high-performance bass, with an incredible tone that can cut through pretty much any mix with ease.
Inspired by the electronics system on the hugely-popular StingRay5, the Music Man Sterling 5 Bass features a single Ceramic humbucker and a 3-way coil selector switch.
This switch is designed to offer three different coil setup modes: parallel, single coil, and series - giving you plenty of tonal options at your disposal.
In addition to this, the humbucker hides a little secret stashed out of sight: a "phantom coil". This extra coil's sole purpose is to eliminate any unwanted hum when Single Coil mode is active.
Last Chance To Buy
Since the particular finish was only available for a limited time, it's unfortunately pretty difficult to come by these days. Luckily for you we still have this instrument in stock... but not for long, as there's only 1 left!
Contact our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query the availability of this awesome 5-stringed bass guitar, and don't forget: if you place your order Online you can choose from our range of Home Delivery options.
Music Man Sterling 5 MN 5-String Bass, Pacific Blue Burst Specs
- Model: Sterling 5
- Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-1/4" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.9 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - Music Man humbucking with ceramic magnets and hum canceling phantom coil
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Select Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||5 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!