A high-performance 48-channel audio interface that combines studio-quality audio with state-of-the-art features.
All Your Needs In A Single Rack Space
Motu have released their new high-performance flagship interface, delivering the worlds first Thunderbolt audio interface with 48-channel mixing and built-in AVB audio networking capabilities. As a combined sound-card and mixer rolled into one, connect directly to your PC or Mac for full control over your sound.
Motu 1248 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features:
- Superb Audio Quality
- 66 Audio Channels
- Ultra-Low I/O Latency
- Thunderbolt Technology
- AVB Audio Networking
- USB 2.0 Compatible
- Large LCD Display
- 48 Channel Digital Mixing
- Modelled Vintage Processing
Simply The Best
With exceptional dynamic range thanks to expertly engineered analog circuitry and the latest-generation of Sabre32 Ultra converters, you can expect nothing but the highest quality audio from Motu's flagship interface.
Complete with an extensive array of I/O options, the 1248 boasts 4 mic inputs, 2 instrument inputs, 8 line ins, 12 line outs and seperate main and monitor outs - you'll have everything you need for an impressively versatile, yet compact studio central-interface.
Thanks to Motu's Thunderbolt technology integration, the 1248 won't even break a sweat. Boasting incredible bandwidth capable of up to 256 channels of computer I/O, you can route audio with effortless ease. Latency is kept to a complete minimum through Thunderbolt connectivity, with roundtrip latency measuring an impressive 1.4 ms, resulting in a massive loss in latency to your host software.
USB 2.0 connectivity is still an option for those who don't have Thunderbolt-equipped tech, with the standard high-speed connection proving compatible with pretty much every single computer from the past decade.
Motu 1248 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Specifications:
- 192 kHz
- 4 x XLR mic inputs
- Preamp gain: 0 to +63 dB (digitally controlled)
- 2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar inputs (front panel)
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced)
- Max level: +24 dBu (digitally adjustable +2 to +24)
- 12 x 1/4" TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled)
- Max level: +20 dBu (digitally adjustable -4 to +20)
- 2 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- 2 banks (16 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates
- 1 bank (8 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- Stereo RCA S/PDIF up to 96 kHz (with SRC on input)
- Stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF) on Bank A (optional)
- 32 inputs and 34 outputs (66 total) at 1x sample rates
- 24 inputs and 26 outputs (50 total) at 2x sample rates
- 14 inputs and 16 outputs (30 total) at 4x sample rates
- 1 x Thunderbolt (compatible with 1 and 2)
- 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant
- 1 x USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- 1 x AVB Ethernet (requires OS X Yosemite)
Computer I/O Channels
- Thunderbolt (44.1 to 96 kHz): 128 in/out
- Thunderbolt (176.4 to 192 kHz): 64 in/out
- USB 2.0 (44.1 to 48 kHz): 64 in/out
- USB 2.0 (88.2 to 96 kHz): 32 in/out
- USB 2.0 (176.4 to 192 kHz): 24 in/out
- AVB Ethernet: 16 to 128 in/out, depending on host computer speed
- 1 x word clock in
- 1 x word clock out
- I/O 1 x RJ45 AVB/TSN Ethernet (1 Gbps)
AVB streams (8 channels per stream)
- 16 in / 16 out @ 44.1 or 48 kHz
- 16 in / 16 out @ 88.2 or 96 kHz
- 8 in / 8 out @ 176.4 or 192 kHz
- 2 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (assignable)
- 4 x individual +48V
- 2 x 1/4" TRS headphone output
- 2 x TRS hi-Z guitar input
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • main/monitor volume
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • phone volume
- 2 x digital rotary encoders • guitar input gain
- 4 x digital rotary encoders • mic preamp gain
- 8 x switches • (4) Pad and (4) 48V Phantom switch
- 324 x 24 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav
- 1 x AC power switch
- International 100-240V autoswitching supply
- 50-60 Hz, 0.5A max
Dimensions & Weight
- (W x D x H, enclosure only)
- 19 x 7 x 1.75 inches
- 48.3 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- 4.6 lbs / 2.08 kg
- with rack brackets removed:
- 17.25 inches (43.8 cm) wide
- 4.5 lbs / 2.04 kg
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.