Moog Grandmother Analogue Synthesizer
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
The Moog Grandmother Synth captures the essence of original analogue modular synth designs and packs it into a fun, playable synthesizer keyboard that won't break the bank.
An Infinite Sonic Playground
Moog Grandmother encourages new expression through experimentation and sonic discovery - perfect for newcomers to sound design as well as traditional electronic music production setups.
It is capable of highly complex sounds and modulation without the need to manually patch parts together. Simply tweak away and start playing!
- 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
- Semi-modular - no patching is required
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator and LFO
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds from guitars, drum machines, and more.
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-jack Mult
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
Analogue Synth Engine
The sonic fingerprint of the Moog Grandmother is characterised by some of Bob Moog's most iconic and successful synth components. Powered primarily by 2 analogue oscillators from the Moog Minimoog, a Mixer section from the CP3, Moog 904 Filter and Moog 911 Envelope Generator, as well as a Moog 902 VCA section. The roots of the Grandmother stem from some of the best sounding analogue synths ever created. All rolled into one powerful package.
Additionally, Moog Grandmother features an analogue ADSR Envelope Generator, a patchable 1-Pole High pass Filter, Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder Filter and an Analogue LFO with audio-rate capabilities. MODULE PROVENANCE
- Oscillators based on Moog Minimoog
- Mixer based on Moog CP3
- Filter based on Moog 904
- Envelope Generator Based on Moog 911
- VCA Based on Moog 902
- Spring Reverb based on Moog 905
Moog Grandmother also features a built-in arpeggiator, sequencer and spring reverb tank from the old Moog 905, which can be routed for use with external sounds as part of a modular setup. Hook up a Moog Mother 32 or DFAM Percussion Synth for unlimited creative possibilities, all designed to work hand-in-hand in a modular or Eurorack system.
Grandmother groups panel controls together by module. Each module is also equipped with a set of modular patch points which greatly extend the capabilities of this expansive analog instrument. With a total of 41 patch points including 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-Jack MULT section, Grandmother is ready for anything.
Grandmother features an intuitive 3-channel mixer with an additional 1/4” external audio input, capable of handling external audio sources. Grandmother also packs a fully featured Audio and MIDI/USB IN/OUT interface for direct-to-DAW recording and programming. Hook up an external audio source like a Guitar or Drum Machine and run it through Grandmother's powerful filter section with unrivalled processing power.
Grandmother’s Left-Hand Controller is home to numerous performance and programming controls including PITCH and MOD wheels, a GLIDE control, and transport controls for the Arpeggiator and Sequencer.
The PLAY, HOLD, and TAP buttons provide access to, and control over, the ARP / SEQ module. When recording a sequence, their function changes and they become the (TIE), (REST), and (ACCENT) buttons.
Grandmother is designed to behave and function like a traditional analog instrument, but changing keyboard octaves is a useful function for live performance and interfacing with other MIDI equipped devices.
The Grandmother's front panel oozes 1980's feel, courtesy of a vintage-style faceplate, knobs and switches that hark back to the glory days of Analog Synth design. Grandmother is kitted out with a 32-note Fatar Keyboard with an expressive aftertouch. Everything feels solid, as you'd expect from the world's most trusted and recognisable synth brand - Moog!
Moog Grandmother Synth Specifications:
- TYPE: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- NUMBER OF KEYS: 32 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE OF KEYS: Velocity-sensing (Velocity signal is not hard-wired – available via MIDI and KBD VEL OUT jack)
- OTHER CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide
- POLYPHONY: Monophonic
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Oscillators with selectable Waveforms (Oscillator 2 supports Sync to Oscillator 1 plus linear FM), 1 White Noise Generator, External Input jack
- VCF FILTER (LOW PASS): -24dB/Octave Moog Ladder Filter with Resonance (Self-Oscillating)
- STATIC FILTER (HIGH PASS): -6dB/Octave
- MOD SOURCES: Modulation Oscillator (Sine, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square), S/H Output, plus Envelope and Key Tracking
- ENVELOPE: Four-Stage (ADSR)
- ATTENUATOR: Bipolar
- MULT: Four Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- EFFECTS: Spring Reverb
- ARPEGGIATOR / STEP SEQUENCER: (256 Steps; three Sequence Files)
- PATCH POINTS:
- 41 x 3.5mm front and rear panels
- 21 Inputs
- 16 Outputs
- 4 Parallel-wired Mults.
- AUDIO INPUT: One 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- AUDIO OUTPUT: One 1/4” TRS jack for headphones or line level output (Rear Panel)
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- DIMENSIONS: 23” (54.82cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- POWER: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- WEIGHT: 16lbs. / 7.25kg
Included in the Box:
- Power Supply
- Owner’s Manual
- Patch Cables
- Registration Card
|Shipping Weight (kg)||4.000000|
|Number of Keys||32 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!