Moog DFAM Analogue Percussion Synthesizer
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
The Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother) is the first percussive, modular synth in their acclaimed Mother Series. Designed for fun and intuitive analogue rhythm pattern creation, DFAM is the perfect accompaniment to a Moog Mother Modular rack system, or as a standalone drum synth for music production in any studio setup.
Drummer From Another Mother
The Moog DFAM combines powerful analogue percussive synthesis, a dedicated step sequencer and modular audio and MIDI routing, all wrapped up by Moog's attention to detail and rock solid build quality. Unlike a 'drum machine', with pre-set tones and sequencer, Moog DFAM melds these concepts into one.
Unlike other dedicated Drum Machines, the DFAM has the unusual ability of producing both traditional lead synth sounds, as well as percussive and drum tones at the flick of a switch. For musicians that want to truly experiment with electronic music, DFAM is the ideal starting point for building a track around.
- Semi-modular: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analog rhythms.
- 100% Analogue: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration.
- 2 Oscillators: Ultra-wide range sound generation - craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass.
- Selectable Analog Filters: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a Low Pass or High Pass Ladder filter.
- 3 Envelopes: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart “human” variation to your sound.
- 8-step Analog Sequencer With VELOCITY: Vibrantly continuous control over each note.
- 24 Patch Points: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan.
- Link Multiple Units: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analog compositions.
- External Audio Input: Process other sounds through DFAM’s analog circuitry
- Eurorack Compatible: Easily remove DFAM from its case and mount it into a Eurorack system. (Requires a 10 to 16 PIN Eurorack cable)
Powerful Synth Engine
Powered by an easy-to-use analogue sequencer, DFAM’s emotive sound begins with a white noise generator and two wide-range analog oscillators - effortlessly transitioning between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant. DFAM’s distinctive voice is then shaped by a classic Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
3 dedicated analog envelopes work dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and sonic chaos can be created or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Paired with a Mother-32, DFAM offers an incredible world of pounding analogue rhythm and bass that could drive the heart of a stunning improvised live performance rig, or add hands-on inspiration to any studio setup. It is also can be configured as a traditional two-oscillator Moog lead and bass synthesizer, and, as with Mother-32 - removed from the included chassis for use in Eurorack systems.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviors, synchronize an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analogue instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.
Through exploration and experimentation, the sonic potential of the Moog DFAM begins to unfold.
- Sound Engine: Analog
- Analog Sequencer: 8-Steps With Pitch and Velocity Per-Step
- Sequencer Panel Controls: Tempo, Run/Stop, Trigger, Advance
- Sound Sources: 2 Oscillators With Square and Triangle Waveforms, 1 White Noise Generator, 1 External Audio Input
- Frequency Control: +/- 5 Octaves (10 Octave Range)
- Mixer: Level controls for Oscillator 1, Oscillator 2 and White Noise/External Audio Input
- Filter: 20Hz-20KHz Switchable Low Pass / High Pass 4-Pole Transistor Ladder Filter
- Envelopes: VCO EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCF EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCA EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Selectable Fast/Slow Attack Time
- Patchbay: 24x 3.5mm Jacks
- Patchbay Inputs: Trigger, VCA CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1 2 FM Amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock.
- Patchbay Outputs: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch.
- Audio Output: ¼” TS Line / ¼” TRS Headphones (Shared Output Jack)
- Included Power Supply: 100-240VAC; 50-60Hz, +12VDC 1200mA
- Power Consumption: 3.0W
- Eurorack Current Draw: 230mA (+12V – from 10-pin header)
- Eurorack Mounting Dimensions: 60HP (1”/26mm Module Depth)
- Weight: 3.5lbs
- Dimensions: 12.57”W x 4.21“H (with knobs) x 5.24“D
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.