When is a clone not really a clone? Simple: when it's designed and built by the original pedal's creators, making it more of a reissue than a generic clone. Which is exactly what you get with the Maxon OD808!
A New Take on the World's Most Popular Overdrive Pedal
During the late 1970's, Maxon designed and created the original OD808 overdrive circuit, which later found fame as the legendary Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer. Cut to the modern day, and Maxon have decided to re-release the OD808 circuit under their own name once more, but have improved upon it to make it more suitable for the modern guitarist.
Rock and Roll Classic
Made famous by the early 90's, the original Tubescreamer is regarded as an absolute must-have for multitudes of guitar players the world over. With the OD808 Reissue you get all of the same warm, creamy, organic overdrive tones as the original, but the circuitry has now been improved to slightly reduce noise level without compromising any of that vintage rock and blues sound.
Versatile Drive Pedal
Use the OD808 as a standalone effect going through a clean channel, use it to boost your overdrive channel even further into filthy saturation territory, or even go the way of using two of the pedals together to help you blast out those dynamic riffs with conviction.
Try Before You Buy
Keep your eyes peeled for the Maxon OD808 landing at a PMT Store near you, and be sure to request an in-store demonstration with our resident product experts.
Order this amazing pedal online and make use of our fabulous free home-delivery service!
- The world's first tube-amp overdrive simulator - circa 1979
- Warm, creamy, organic overdrive with singing sustain
- Rebranded for Ibanez as the TS808 Tubescreamer
- The tone that made Stevie Ray Vaughan famous
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Controls: Drive, Tone, Balance
- Switch: Normal/Effect
- Noise (IHF-A): -110 dBu
- Max Amplitude: 35 dBu
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 5 mA (9V) / 6 mA (10 V)
- AC Adaptor: AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
- Dimensions (main body): 61 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 35 mm (H)
- Dimensions (whole): 70 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 55 mm (H)
- Weight: 260 g
|Power Supply||9v dc|
February 3, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.