The Martin HD-28 Reimagined (2018) brings back a fantastic rock, country and bluegrass acoustic guitar with a new level of performance.
Reimagining A Legend
The name HD-28 tells you a lot about this classic Martin acoustic guitar.
The ‘H’ refers to the iconic Herringbone style binding and the ‘D’ tells you that this instrument is a Dreadnaught size guitar while the ‘28’ tells us that this model features the classic Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides combination.
Constructed with Martin’s most comfortable neck, a series of vintage appointments and forward-shifted bracing while coming to you with a lifetime warranty, the Martin HD-28 (2018) is a timeless classic made brand new again.
Martin HD-28 Reimagined Acoustic Guitar Key Features:
- Forward Shifted Scalloped X Bracing
- Sitka Spruce Top
- East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- High Performance Neck Taper
- Modified Low Oval Neck Shape
Crafting a New Classic
A traditional dreadnought body shape provides plenty of depth, warmth and volume to your guitar playing sound – re-creating Martin’s legendary Herringbone-style 28 guitars that are loved the world over.
Solid Sitka Spruce forms the top of the HD-28, Sitka Spruce being a real go-to tonewood when it comes to acoustic guitar tops and extremely popular due to its beautiful resonance, projection and rich tones.
East Indian Rosewood has been used to craft the back and sides, with this wood being renowned for its rich, deep wood grain hue adding an extra layer of visual appeal and complimenting the beautiful tones produced by the Sitka Spruce top.
Forward shifted scalloped X shaped bracing has been utilised, crafted from Sitka Spruce, offering great projection while its forward shifted location further enhances the lower tones of the already bold acoustic voice from this wonderful dreadnought guitar.
Martin’s Most Comfortable Neck
Joining the HD-28 at the 14th fret by way of a dovetail joint is Martin’s most comfortable neck, featuring a modified low oval shape and a high performance neck taper along with a smooth satin finish for a fantastic playing feel.
Adorning the neck is an Ebony fingerboard which is a joy to play and extremely durable, providing singing sustain and detail that is beneficial to any musical style or performance.
To further enhance the playability of this fantastic acoustic guitar, Martin have given it the impressive Plek fret dressing treatment.
The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin HD-28.
Incredibly Crafted Instrument
The HD28 is well suited for almost any style of player, and lends itself particularly well to rhythmic strummers.
An incredibly versatile instrument for your acoustic arsenal that includes an official Martin hardcase to protect your investment.
Reimagined for 2018, the Martin HD-28, better than ever, is a fantastically built guitar that you will cherish for decades to come.
Martin HD-28 Reimagined Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: HD-28 (2018)
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32”
- Saddle: Compensated White TUSQ
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Moulded Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.