Martin Grand J-16E 12 String Electro Acoustic
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
A Jumbo-style guitar, with a slimmer body depth, and the kind of harmonic resonance that only a 12-string is capable of - it's the Martin Grand J-16E!
A Full-Bodied Guitar, With Well-Balanced Harmonics
With the Martin Grand J-16E you get an excellent electro acoustic 12-string that's perfect for experienced players looking to add an extra layer to their skillset.
Martin Grand J-16E 12 String Electro Acoustic Highlights
- Premium-quality 12-string guitar
- Full-sized Jumbo body, with 000 depth
- Indian Rosewood back and sides, with a Spruce top
- Scalloped X-bracing system under top
- High-performance taper neck, with smooth Ebony fingerboard
- Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2 electronics system
- Ply hardshell case included
Exquisite Tonewood Choices
For this guitar's body, Martin opted to use a combination of Spruce for the top (complimented by a scalloped X-bracing system) and Indian Rosewood for the back and sides.
These woods, when used together, perfectly compliment one-anothers tonal properties, with the vibrance and projection of the Spruce being perfect an ideal match for the rich, booming voice of the Rosewood.
Add in the extra six strings and the end result is a guitar that generates well-balanced harmonics, with a strong, solid low end, that's perfect for live performances and studio recording.
For those times where you're performing to a larger audience, or wanting to record your playing without the fuss of setting up extra microphones, this guitar comes equipped with a Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2 pickup and preamp system.
These electronics are specially tuned to recreate every nuance of your playing, and allow you to simply plug the guitar into your favourite amp or PA system directly, allowing you to project an accurate recreation of your acoustic playing to your audience.
Martin Grand J-16E 12 String Electro Acoustic Specs
- Body Size: Grand J-14 Fret (000 Depth)
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-13/16"
- Top Material: Spruce
- Neck Shape: 12 String
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Extra Light (SMA500T)
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly- 12 String- Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Tusq
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Mother-of-Pearl
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4"
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 12 String Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Pleked: Yes
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|16 & 17 Series
|Acoustic Pickup System
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
|Grand Jumbo Style
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.