If you consider a Dreadnought to be a little too big, but an Auditorium to be a little too small, then the Martin GPC13E Electro Acoustic Guitar, Natural could well be for you.
This excellent guitar is part of the Reinvigorated Road Series lineup, and offers an all-solid Tonewood combination, full of Martin style and sensibility, and is available at a great price!
Martin GPC13E Electro Acoustic Guitar, Natural Highlights
- Grand Performance-style electro acoustic guitar with a lower-bout cutaway
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with a Solid Mutenye back and sides
- Environmentally responsible Richlite fingerboard with Plek-dressed frets and Mother of Pearl pattern dot inlays
- High Performance Neck taper with Performing Artist profile shape
- Fishman MX-T pickup and preamp system
- Includes soft shell case
- Home Delivery options available
A Reinvention of the Road Series
First released during 2001, Martin's Road series was designed to offer guitarists a chance at owning their own all-solid tonewood Martin acoustic at a more modest price than their top-end models.
The Road Series is now back and introduces a whole new range of guitar models, with stacks of premium upgrades, and even a soft shell case to keep it safe during transportation.
New for 2019
With the brand new Martin GPC-13E you get a Grand Performance style guitar with a lower bout cutaway, constructed from Solid Siris (back and sides) and Solid Sitka Spruce (top wood).
This guitar is ideal for versatile players who prefer the option of changing playstyle mid-performance, and is perfecly suited to both studio work and live shows.
A Martin Grand Performance acoustic guitar sits somewhere between a Dreadnought and an Auditorium (000) in terms of size as well as sound.
Whilst offering greater volume and tonal depth than the Auditorium, the GP also produces more focus and balance than the Dreadnought, giving you an incredibly versatile option work with.
As well as looking and sounding fantastic, the design of the Martin GPC-13E is ideal incredible levels of performance and comfort.
With its High Performance Tapered neck, Performing Artist neck profile, Plek-dressed frets, and cutaway body design, this guitar is perfect for the player who isn't content to merely play open chords at the bottom end of the neck.
Fishman Pickup System
Possibly the most significant upgrade for the new Road Series lineup is the inclusion of a Fishman MX-T electronics system.
Not only does this pickup and preamp allow for accurate tonal amplification, but both the controls and built-in tuner are discretely mounted within the guitar's soundhole.
Excellent Tonewood Combination
Featuring a Solid Sitka Spruce soundboard, sitting atop a back and sides of Solid Mutenye, the Martin GPC-13E is tonally versatile and responsive enough to suit most playstyles.
This tonewood pairing comes together nicely to produce a well-defined, pleasant voice that retains its articulation regardless of how you choose to play the strings.
Available to Order Now
If you have any queries regardining the availability of this fantastic guitar, don't hesitate to contact your local Professional Music Technology store or our Online Sales team directly.
Martin GPC13E Electro Acoustic w Fishman MXT Pickup Specs
- Series: Road
- Model: GPC-13E
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Grand Performance 14 Fret Cutaway
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: MOP Pattern with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Material: Mutenye
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Mutenye
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: MOP Pattern
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: MOP Pattern Dots- 28 Style Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Clear
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Color: None
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: Lifespan 2.0 Auth Acoustic MA540 Phosphor Light
- Knob: Small
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Shell
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood neck|
|Pickup Config||1x under saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||grand performance|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.