The Martin DJR-10E electro-acoustic guitar, seen here with a natural Sitka Spruce top with cherry stain Sapele back and sides, gives you big Dreadnought sound in a smaller, more manageable body.
Junior Size with A Big Sound
Newly updated for an even better playing experience, the popular Martin Dreadnought Junior has returned, giving you big Dreadnought sound in a smaller body.
The fantastic craftsmanship you expect from Martin combines with the newly updated design and excellent Fishman Sonitone electronics for a fantastic new incarnation of the Martin Dreadnought Junior.
Martin Dreadnought Junior DJR-10E Electro-Acoustic Guitar Natural Key Features:
- Natural Top with Cherry Stain Back and Sides
- Fishman Sonitone Electronics
- 000 Body Depth
- Softer Back Edges for Increased Comfort
- Sitka Spruce Top
- Sapele Back and Sides
- Scalloped X-Style Sitka Spruce Bracing
- Compensated White TUSQ Saddle
- FSC Certified Richlite Fretboard and Bridge
- Includes Gig Bag
Crafting the New Junior Dreadnought
Boasting a design update, the new Martin DJR has a thinner, easier to hold 000 body depth. The back edges are now softer too for even more comfort as you play.
For the top, Martin have used Sitka Spruce. Known for its rich tones and broad dynamic range, this wood is extremely popular and is suitable for playing styles.
Under the hood, the Martin DJR-10E benefits from scalloped x-style Sitka Spruce bracing which maintains a sturdy build while enhancing resonance and projection.
High Performance Taper Neck
Attached to the body is a hand rubbed neck which features a High Performance Taper. The fretboard gradually widens with a 1.75” width at the nut and 2.125” width at the 12th fret. This makes for easy chording around the lower frets and extra playability as you move up the neck.
FSC Certified Richlite has been used for the fretboard. This environmentally fretboard is great to play on and isn’t affected by adverse temperature and humidity conditions as much as more traditional fretboard woods.
Adding to its incredible playability, the Martin DJR-10E has been treated to a Plek fret dressing which gives you a fretboard that plays incredibly well.
Fishman Sonitone Electronics
Allowing you to plug in and play live, the Martin DJR-10E electro-acoustic guitar has been fitted with Fishman Sonitone electronics.
An undersaddle pickup captures all the nuances of your playing while the preamp is mounted discreetly within the soundhole.
You can adjust the treble in your sound with the tone control while a second knob allows for volume adjustment.
You’ll find the battery compartment in the bottom of the guitar where you insert the cable which gives the instrument a more balanced playing feel.
Furthermore, having the battery compartment here and the preamp in the soundhole means there are less holes in the Martin DJR-10E’s body so you get better sound.
High Quality Hardware
The bridge on the DJR-10 Dreadnought Junior is also made from FSC certified Richlite and is equipped with a compensated TUSQ saddled. Together, these components offer fantastic transfer of the string vibration to the resonating Sitka Spruce top.
TUSQ is precision engineered under high heat and pressure so it is incredibly consistent and aids with tonal transfer and sustain.
Six chrome enclosed gear tuning machines can be found on the headstock, offering precise and secure tuning of your strings.
Great, Versatile Performance
Great tone with versatile performance, the Martin Dreadnought Junior DJR-10E gives you the awesome dreadnought guitar experience but in a smaller, more manageable guitar.
While it’s amazing to play unplugged, it keeps its great sound when plugged in too thanks to the Fishman Sonitone electronics.
What’s more, it even comes with a form-fitting gig bag so you’re ready to hit the road as soon as it arrives.
Buy the Martin DJR-10E electro-acoustic guitar from Professional Music Technology today for a highly versatile dreadnought guitar.
Martin Dreadnought Junior DJR-10E Electro-Acoustic Guitar Natural Specs:
- Series: Junior
- Model: DJR-10E
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D Junior-14 Fret (000 Depth)
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: MOP Pattern with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4”
- Back Material: Sapele
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Sapele
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Black
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Dreadnought Junior
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Dreadnought Junior Taper
- Headplate Material: Rosewood HPL
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 24”
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8”
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: MOP Pattern
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: MOP Pattern Dots- 28 Style Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Sides Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Colour: Cherry
- Top Finish: Satin
- Top Colour: Clear
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Colour: None
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Junior Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16”
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Strings: RETRO LIGHT (MM12)
- Knob: Small
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Gig Bag
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*