Martin D-28 Reimagined 2017, Premium-Grade Acoustic Guitar, with Sitka Spruce Top, East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides, and Ebony Fingerboard
As arguably the best, if not most-popular, acoustic guitars of the past 80+ years, the Martin D-28 must be doing something right. In fact the D-28 was so popular during the 1950s that customers were having to wait up to 2 years after ordering before receiving one!
This powerful Dreadnought model has acted as the quintissential workhorse of legends such as The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash and more, as well as countless other professional musicians the world over. With this in mind, The Martin Guitar Company have decided to re-imagine the D-28 model, blending the guitar's rich history with Martin's latest guitar-building innovations.
Old and New Combined to Reinvigorate a Classic
The Martin D-28 Reimagined 2017 model features a Solid Sitka Spruce top, East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and Ebony fretboard, combined with a whole host of modern and vintage-style appointments. Not only that but it comes complete with the deluxe moulded hardshell case to keep it safe when not in use.
Exquisite Tonewood Choices
The Martin D-28 (2017) is constructed with a Solid Sitka Spruce top and an East Indian Rosewood back and sides. Sitka Spruce is easilly the world's most popular tonewood choice for guitar tops. This topwood provides a sweet and smooth tone, with just the right amount of warmth and plenty of projections, making it perfect for players using a pick with a strong attack.
As one of the most popular and musically rich tonewoods, East Indian Rosewood offers a sweeping frequency range at both ends of the tonal spectrum. This wood sounds deeper in the low ends and brighter at the top ends that other woods can manage. This iconic wood is incredibly versatile, and when partnered with a solid Spruce can produce a harmonically rich voice, with a bright and sparkling top end.
In addition to producing one of the most sought-after acoustic guitar sounds of the past century, this particular Martin D-28 is host to a number of vintage-style appointments, which includes open-gear tuners, an aged toner finish to the top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard. To compliment the old with the new however, Martin have also included a brand new, supremely comfortable neck profile, and forward-shifted bracing which allows the Spruce top to vibrate more freely.
Brand-New to 2017
To say that we at PMT are excited about the prospect of this guitar arriving in our stores would be a huge understatement. If you'd like to discuss availability and expected delivery times of this excellent guitar, feel free to contact our online sales team directly.
Treat yourself to this guitar today, you won't regret it. 0% finance options available.
- A 2017 reimagining of a timeless classic
- Dreadnought-sized, Premium-Grade Acoustic Guitar
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with East Indian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Faux Tortoise Pickguard
- Comes complete with moulded hardshell case
- 0% Finance and Free Delivery Available
- Model: D-28 (2017)
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multi-stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body at: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 28
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Moulded Hardshell
|Bass Body Size||Full Size|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood neck|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.