The Martin 000-28EC draws inspiration from some of Martin's most successful smaller-bodied acoustic guitars, including the 000-42, originally introduced by Martin Guitars in 1996. This Signature Acoustic guitar celebrates the career of Eric Clapton, who famously used this exact model on MTV Unplugged all those years ago.
The tone and sound is classic for a Martin Acoustic, with bright singing sustain and incredible detail that ensures you and your audience hear every single note. Blues and folk players will appreciate its portability and comfort to play and the trademark tonewood combo that gives Martin a signature classy sound and performance.
A portable a comfortable example of tonal perfection
The Martin hallmark combination of Solid Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides produces a bright singing sustain and incredible detail that ensures you and your audience hear every single note. Whilst the Spruce top acts as an ideal diaphragm for transmitting the guitar's voice, the rosewood back and sides give you a highly resonant voice with a deep warm bass undertone. The resulting timbre is a perfectly balanced and versatile palette of smooth, warm sounds with complex harmonic overtones.
Everything about this guitar screams class, from the overall construction down to the fine details. Featuring a genuine ebony fingerboard with pre-war Style 28 snowflake pattern in a blond pearl, with Eric Clapton's signature inlaid in awabi mother-of-pearl between the 19th and 20th frets; a fine herringbone with multistripe rosette; old-style overlay logo on the headstock; compensated bone saddle and zig zag back strip, there's not a single inch of these guitar that doesn't look the part.
Each 000-28EC bears an interior label, individually numbered in sequence and comes with an official Martin hardshell case.
If you'd like more information on this guitar, or any other product you've seen on our website, contact our Online Sales Team directly - they're always happy to help. Don't forget: if you place your order Online you can choose from our excellent range of Home Delivery options (UK customers only, subject to stock levels).
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 28
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Standard ''X''
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 28
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: White Boltaron
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: White Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- HEELCAP: White Boltaron
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.9''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 28
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black
- CASE: 630 Molded
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.