It's HD by name HD by nature, with the latest technology developed by Mackie to ensure your sound is present and correct for every audience member. Simple to setup as an array and extremely versatile as a standalone speaker in your PA rig. There's any number of rigging options to use it as part of a portable PA which will let you get setup in any environment.
Powerful Class-D Fast Recovery Amplification
HDAs are bi-amplified, delivering 1200W of peak system power: 500W RMS for LF, 100W RMS for HF. They use Class-D amplifiers, which are ultra-efficient and cool running, providing all the power needed to push the high-output drivers in a design that is lightweight. Mackie amplifiers incorporate our Fast Recovery circuitry, which helps to smooth nasty distortion when things get pushed too hard. Power runs are industry standard Neutrik PowerCons with an AC pass-through, reducing clutter and confusion.
Every Mackie loudspeaker features custom-designed drivers perfectly suited for the task at hand. HDA features three drivers, each high-output and designed specifically for use in an HDA system. The HDA features a 12" neodymium woofer with a 3" voice coil to handle the 500W delivered by the dedicated LF amplifier. Designed by EAW, this LF driver delivers deep, rich bass performance in a lightweight neodymium design built to last until the wee hours of the morning. For the dual 1.7" HF compression drivers, we turned to the experts at Beyma, well-known for their high-performance drivers. Built using heat-treated titanium diaphragms, the dual HF drivers deliver pristine high-frequencies and are mounted into a custom-designed dual exit horn, providing precise coverage that’s as wide as it is awesome. HDA is a perfectly tuned system that is truly greater than the sum of its parts. Collaboration with the line array experts at Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) made this possible. The engineering team at EAW not only provided acoustical and mechanical design right from the start, they then fine-tuned the system for complete optimization, ensuring maximum efficiency and performance. After all, EAW knows arrays and we like EAW. They always bring the best side dish to a potluck.
- 110° x 20° constant curvature line arrayScalable and arrayable with a multitude of configuration options
- Maximum flown system supports up to 4 x HDA and 2 x HD1801 subwoofers
- Ground stack up to 3 x HDA on HD1801 subwoofer or flybar
- Pole mount up to 2 x HDA on HD1801 subwoofer or tripod using dual angle pole cups
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak
- HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
Custom designed transducers by EAW
- 12” neodymium woofer with 3” voice coil
- Dual Beyma 1.7" compression drivers with heat-treated titanium diaphragms
High-definition audio processing includes:
- Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
- Transducer time alignment and phase correction
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Three-position voicing switch for simple array voicing
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Proven rigging hardware
- Four M10 flypoints
- Integrated flyware allows easy array setup
- Optional Flybar and HD1801 subwoofer flyware kit
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (59 lbs / 26.7 kg)
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
- Supported by EAW Resolution prediction software
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*