Korg Wavestate Synthesizer
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Far from a nostalgic re-issue of the legendary Korg Wavestation, the new Korg Wavestate is an evolving, dynamic digital synth capable of futuristic, quirky sampled sounds - courtesy of Wave Sequencing 2.0 as used on the iconic Korg OASYS and KRONOS keyboards.
Organic, Inspirational Digital Synthesis
Powered by the Wave Sequencing 2.0 engine, the Korg Wavestate represents a new step forward in digital & modelling synthesis. By splitting the timing, sample sequencing and melody elements of a sample, Wavestate allows for complete control over the behavior of each element.
The end result is a phenominal array of unique, evolving sounds that feel effortlessly musical. With simple, hands-on controls and complex layering for each attribute of the sample, there's no limit to the creative output of Wavestate. For even more rich and complex results, layer up to four Programs together in a Performance - each with their own effects and arpeggiator. The Vector Envelope and Joystick mix the individual voices of the four Layers, and can also modulate any other parameters.
The Wavestate also boasts a compact form-factor, with 37 full-size keys, transports easily and fits neatly into any stage, studio, or desktop setup.
Korg Wavestate Key Features:
- Wave Sequencing 2.0 Sound Engine
- Extensive modulation with hands-on control
- Gigabytes of samples
- Modeled filters, including Korg MS-20 and Polysix
- 64 stereo voices
- 4 Layers with Vector control
- 14 simultaneous effects
- Set Lists and Smooth Sound Transitions
- Randomization & Arpeggiator
- Compact, ergonomic design with 37 full-size keys
- Designed by Korg R&D in California, USA
What is Wave Sequencing?
With the original Korg Wavestation synth, each step of a Wave Sequence had a duration, a sample, and a pitch. This created earcatching patterns, but what if they could evolve in organic, unexpected ways, rather than looping over and over?
Wave Sequencing 2.0 splits apart the timing, the sequence of samples, and the melody, so that each can be manipulated independently. Also added are new characteristics including shapes, gate times, and step sequencer values. Each of these is a "Lane", and each Lane can have a different number of steps and its own start, end, and loop points.
Every time the sequence moves forward, the individual Lanes are combined to create the output. For instance, a sample may be matched with a different duration, pitch, shape, gate length, and step sequence value every time that it plays. You can modulate each Lane's start, end, and loop points separately for every note, using velocity, LFOs, envelopes, Mod Knobs, or other controllers. Each note in a chord can be playing something different!Lanes can also randomize the step order every time they play, with realtime control over the range of included steps. Finally, individual steps can be randomly skipped, with a modulatable probability from 0 to 100%. The four onboard arpeggiators can interact with Wave Sequences for even more possibilities.
Bursting with knobs and controllers, the Korg Wavestate invites you to explore. All of the basics - filter, envelopes, LFOs, effects - are at your fingertips with dedicated front-panel controls. Eight programmable Mod Knobs are customized to bring out the most in every sound, often taking them in entirely new directions. Use the knobs in realtime performance, and also save the results as new sounds.
Add in the Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels and the unique Vector Joystick, and you'll always have multiple dimensions of realtime expression.
Want to dig deeper? Almost all front-panel knobs, and most on-screen parameters, can be modulated. You can even modulate settings for individual Wave Sequence Steps! Mod Processors let you transform modulation signals using quantization, smoothing, curvature, and more.
An Arsenal of Effects
Each layer of the Korg Wavestate features 3 dedicated effects, alongside a master Reverb and Parametric EQ. Wavestate comes equipped with dependable effects like compression, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Stereo Delays, as well as more creative FX like the WaveShaper, Talking Modulator, Reverse Delay, Multiband Mod Delay and Overb.
Thanks to a historic working partnership with VOX Amps, Wavestate also benefits from modelled guitar effects like Guitar Amp, VOX Wah, multi-head tape echo and a selection of classic guitar stompboxes.
Korg Wavestate Specifications:
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Sound generating system: Wave Sequencing 2.0
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 stereo voices
- Sounds: Ships with over 240 Performances, 740 Programs, and 1,000 Wave Sequences
- Storage for tens of thousands of user Performances
- Performances: 4 Layers, Reverb, EQ; all edits are stored in the Performance, DAW-style (saving as separate Programs, Wave Sequences etc. is supported but not required)
- Layers: Program, Arpeggiator, Key and Velocity Zones
- Program: Wave Sequence, Filter, Amp, Pre FX, Mod FX, Delay
- Filters: 2-pole LPF, 2-pole HPF, 2-pole BPF, 2-pole Band Reject, 4-pole LPF, 4-pole HPF, 4-pole BPF, 4-pole Band Reject, Multi Filter, MS-20 LPF, MS-20 HPF, Polysix
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Vector Joystick X/Y, 8x Program/Performance Mod Knobs
- Other Sources: 3x Envelopes, Vector Envelope, 3x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Step Sequencer Lane, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count, Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate/Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger/Note-On Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch/Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs + Destinations
- Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Wave Sequence Steps. Depending on Wave Sequence length, there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX: Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX: Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Reverb: Early Reflections, Overb
- Performance: EQ 4-band parametric EQ
- Headphone:(6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R:(impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks)
- DAMPER:(6.3 mm phone jack)
- MIDI IN and OUT connectors
- USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 565 x 338 x 92 mm / 22.24" x 13.31" x 3.62"
- Weight: 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- Included items: AC adapter, Precautions, Quick Start Guide
- Accessories (sold separately): DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
|Effects||14 Simultaneous Effects|
|Number of Keys||37 keys|
|Synthesis Type||Digital Wave Sequencing 2.0|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!