Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev3 Analogue Synthesizer
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
ARP Odyssey Module Rev3 – the return of a legendary analogue synthesizer from Korg, now coming to you in a sleek yet heavy duty module form.
ARP Odyssey Module Rev 3 – Analog Synth
First being introduced in 1972, the ARP Odyssey is a classic analog synthesizer.
Returning now, over 40 years later, with special advisory assistance from David Friend; co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG have brought the ARP Odyssey back to life with an incredible and complete reproduction of the original ARP Odyssey circuitry.
Tabletop Analogue Synth Module
Korg have resurrected the ARP Odyssey as a compact module retaining all of the exact same circuity that you’d find in the original, allowing you to get that rich, thick analog sound that only an authentic ARP Odyssey can give you.
Thanks to the new compact, keyboard-less design, all you DAW users out there can bring the ARP Odyssey Module into your setup with ease, enhancing your production with genuine, powerful analogue sound that cannot be recreated by any plugin.
Also, you can easily connect your favourite keyboard to the module via MIDI connector so you can perform with the Arp Odyssey exactly how you want to, with the new Arp Odyssey Module now supporting MIDI pitch bend too!
What is The Difference Between the ARP Odyssey Rev1 and Rev3?
Back when the ARP Odyssey was originally released it came in three different editions; Rev1, Rev2 and Rev3.
Each ARP Odyssey synth rev had its own unique character due to using three different filter types.
With these reissues, Korg have equipped each version of the ARP Odyssey with all three filter types, so you can get exactly the sound you want, whether you go for Rev1 or Rev3.
So, the short answer is – the only difference is the colour. When you get the Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1 you get the original, white-panel design. Alternatively, you may opt for the Rev3; the best-known version of the ARP Odyssey with its characteristic black panel and orange silk-screening.
Both come with the uniquely shaped slider grips, smooth operating feel and switch layout that you’ll remember from the original ARP Odyssey, but you now also benefit from the compact module design.
The body of the ARP Odyssey module has also seen a bit of a redesign, featuring a rugged steel chassis that perfectly complements the thick and full sounds generated by this analog synth.
True Analogue Synth Sound with Original ARP Odyssey Circuitry
Known for its biting tone, incredible depth of modulation potential and ability to produce a wide variety of sounds, if the ARP Odyssey was going to make a triumphant return, Korg knew it had to be faithful to its original iteration.
As such, the ARP Odyssey Module comes with the exact same circuitry found in the original ARP Odyssey, with development being supervised by ARP Instruments co-founder, David Friend.
Three types of low-pass filter (as found on the original three editions of the ARP Odyssey) are here, allowing you to enjoy their unique characteristics with the flick of a switch.
With TYPE I (the Rev1 filter) you get a 12dB/octave filter that delivers a sharp, punchy sound.
TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24dB/octave filter, which delivers rich and thick low sounds while TYPE III (Rev3) provides excellent stability, even when you increase the resonance.
A variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR and AR can be used to modulate the filter, while a high-pass filter follows the low-pass filter, extending the sound shaping potential.
You’ll also find onboard a powerful LFO, Oscillator Sync, Ring Modulation, a Noise Generator, a DRIVE switch, VCA GAIN and an envelope generator – the possibilities are tremendous.
The Proportional Pitch Control based on a rubber pad, as found on the original ARP Odyssey, has been recreated. Pressing down the rubber pad allows you to control pitch bend and vibratro depth in proportion to the pressure you apply for great tactile functionality and performance.
You can also make use of a portamento slider and transpose switch to get those smooth and gliding dynamics in your sound.
Own A Legend
With this incredible reissue of the ARP Odyssey, you have the opportunity to own an absolute legend.
Get full, authentic, analogue synth sounds from all the same circuitry that was found in the original ARP Odyssey over four decades ago.
Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev3 Specs:
- 2 Voices for Duophonic; Normally Monophonic
- Transpose Positions: 2 Octaves Down, Normal, 2 Octaves Up
- Proportional Pitch Control: b (Pitch Down) Pad: About -2/3 Octave, - (Modulation) Pad, # (Pitch-Up) Pad: About +2/3 Octave
- Noise Spectrum Types: White and Pink
- Max. Speed: About 0.01 msec./Oct
- Min. Speed: About 1.5 sec./Oct
VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator)
- Waveforms: Sawtooth, Square, Pulse (Dynamic Pulse)
- Frequency Range: VCO-1 in Low Freq. Mode, 0.2 Hz – 20 Hz: VCO-1 and VCO-2, (Audio Range) About 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Warm Up Drift: 1/30 Semitone from Turn On Max.
- Pulse Width: 50% - 5%
- Pulse Width Modulation: ADSR, +45% and LFO, +15%
- Voltage Controlled Response: 1 V/Oct
- Maximum Frequency Shifts: LFO Sin Wave, +1/2 Oct., LFO Square Wave, +1.5 Oct., ADSR, +9 Oct., S/H, +2 Oct.
(VCO-1 is Low Note Priority while VCO-2 is High Note Priority)
VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter)
- Types: Low Pass (I: 12 dB/Oct., II and II: 24 dB/Oct.)
- Frequency Range: 16 Hz – 16 kHz
- Maximum Usable Q: 30
- Resonance: ½ - Self Oscillate
- Voltage Controlled Response: C3 Key (Left Edge) – 0 V, C6 Key (Right Edge) – 3 V
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier)
- Dynamic Range: 80 dB
- Type: Digital
- Input Signal: VCO-1, VCO-2 (Square Wave)
Sample & Hold
- Command Sources: Keyboard or LFO Trigger
- Sampled Signals: VCO-1 Sawtooth Wave and Square Wave, VCO-2 Square Wave and Pink Noise
ADSR Envelope Generator
- Attack Time: 5msec. – 5 sec.
- Decay Time: 10 msec. – 8 sec.
- Sustain Level: 0 – 100% or Peak
- Release Time: 15 msec. – 10 sec.
AR Envelope Generator
- Attack Time: 5 msec. – 5 sec.
- Release Time: 10 msec. – 8sec.
Control Input Jacks
- Pedal: 6.3mm Monaural Phone Jack
- Portamento Foot Switch: 6.3 Monaural Phone Jack
Audio Output Jacks LOW
- Connector: 6.3mm Monaural Phone Jack
- Maximum Output Level: -20 dBu@ 10 k Ohm Load
- Output Impedance: 10 k Ohm
Audio Output Jacks HIGH
- Connector: XLR Connector
- Maximum Output Level: +4 dBu@ 1 k Ohm Load
- Output Impedance: 330 Ohm
- Connector: 6.3mm Stereo Phone Jack
- Max. Output Level: 50 mW + 50 mW@ 33 Ohm Load
- Output Impedance: 10 Ohm
Controllable by Volume Knob
External Audio Input (Ext Audio Input) Jack
- Connector: 6.3mm Monaural Phone jack
- Max. Input Level: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: 22 k Ohm
- Type B
CV IN/OUT Jacks
- Keyboard CV (IN/OUT): 1 V/Oct.
- Connector: 3.5mm Monaural Phone Jack
GATE IN/OUT Jacks
- GATE IN: +3 V (Min.)
- GATE OUT: +10 V, Key Down; 0 V All Keys Up
- Connector: 3.5mm Monaural Phone Jack
TRIG IN/OUT Jacks
- TRIG IN: +3 V Pulse Min., 10 sec. Duration Min.
- TRIG OUT: +10 V Pulse on Key Depression, 10 sec. Duration
- Connector: 3.5mm Monaural Phone Jack
- Power Supply: AC Adapter Jack (DC 9V)
- Power Consumption: 6.5 W
- Included Items: AC Adapter, Phone Cable, Mini-Phone Cable
- Weight: 3.7kg/8.16lbs
- Dimensions (W X D X H): 496 x 265 x 89mm/19.53” x 10.43” x 3.50”
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.500000|
|Power Supply||9V DC adapter included|
|Synthesis Type||Duophonic, Analogue|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.