Ibanez EHB1500-DEF EHB Bass Workshop Electric Bass Dragon Eye Burst
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles and aptitude new ways of expressing themselves. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Utilizing experience and knowledge up until now, Ibanez has developed ultimate ergonomic basses, the EHB basses, which feature the deeply considered headless design.
Ergonomic Bass With Contoured, Comfortable Design
The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that's excellent for long sets or practice session.
There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player's body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
Ibanez EHB1500 EHB Dragon Eye Burst Key Features:
- Ergonomic body design to keep perfect balance when standing and sitting
- Confortably rounded body edge
- Chambered body
- Scooped cut on the body back for easy access to high position
- Poplar Burl top and African Mahogany body
- Panga Panga fretboard
- Stainless steel frets
- 9pc Panga Panga/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Nordstrand Big Split custom pickups
- Vari-Mid 3-Band EQ w/EQ bypass switch
- MR5HS mono rail bridge w/string spacing adjustable saddles
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins and Neutrik locking jack
- Detachable Finger ramp included
- Gig bag included
The EHB1500 features a stunning Poplar Burl top and an African Mahogany body for a warm tone with rich resonance. The 9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck provides superior note attack, tight lows and increased sustain with the Panga Panga fretboard. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. Luminescent side dot inlays provide clear visibility in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access.
The single-coil Nordstrand Big Split pickups feature split coils with hum cancelling construction for less noise. Its tone character is a hybrid P/J style and provides a rich and strong, yet well-balanced tone, which fits well with various kinds of playing styles. The Vari-mid 3-band EQ features a variable mid-frequency control which allows you to dial in an incredibly wide range of sounds. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed.
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action. Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
Ibanez EHB1500 EHB Dragon Eye Burst Specifications:
- Colour Name:Dragon Eye Burst Flat
- Number of Strings:4
- Neck Type:EHB4
- Neck Joint:Bolt-on
- Neck Material:9pc Pangapanga/Walnut
- reinforcement rods:Graphite reinforcement rods
- Neck finish:Oil
- Neck thickness (1st fret, mm):19.5
- Neck thickness (12th fret, mm):21.5
- Scale (mm):864
- Nut width (mm):41
- End width (mm):64
- Number of fret:24
- Fretboard:Bound Panga Panga
- Fretboard Radius (mm):500
- Inlay:Abalone off-set dot
- Body Top material (For Solid):Poplar Burl
- Body Material (For Solid):African Mahogany
- Body finish:Satin Polyurethane
- Total length (mm):1019
- Body thickness (mm):42
- Body length (mm):517
- Body Width (mm):312
- Active or Passive:Active
- Machine Head:Ibanez custom headpieces
- Hardware Color:Black
- Neck Pickup:Nordstrand Custom Big Split
- Bridge Pickup:Nordstrand Custom Big Split
- EQ (Active):Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- Preamp (for Acoustic):-
- Controls, Pickup selector:1 Volume, 1 Balancer, Bass, Middle, Treble, Vari-mid
- Other Switches:-
- Side Dot Inlay:Luminescent side dot inlay
- Strap Lock:Schaller S-Locks strap lock pins
- Special Strings:DAddario EXL165
- String Gauges (from top to bottom):.045/.065/.085/.105
- Tuning (from top to bottom):1G,2D,3A,4E
- Included case or bag:PGPGB
- Recommend case or bag:Gig bag included
- Other item(s) included:Hex wrench
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Right / Left-Handed
|panga panga fingerboard
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.