Ibanez EHB1005MS-SFM EHB 5-String Multi-scale Bass Sea Foam Green
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
With the Ibanez EHB1005MS, seen here in a stylish Sea Foam Green finish, you get a high-performance, multi-scale, 5-stringed electric bass with an exciting new ergonomic design.
The Ultimate Ergonomic Bass
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles and aptitude new ways of expressing themselves.
This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Utilizing experience and knowledge up until now, Ibanez has developed ultimate ergonomic basses, the EHB basses, which feature the deeply considered headless design.
Ibanez EHB1005MS EHB Sea Foam Green Highlights
- Ergonomic body design to keep perfect balance when standing and sitting
- Confortably rounded body edge
- Chambered body
- Scooped cut on the body back for easy access to high position
- American Basswood body
- Roasted Birdseye Maple fretboard
- Stainless steel frets
- 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Bartolini BH2 pickups
- Vari-Mid 3-Band EQ w/EQ bypass switch
- MR5HS mono rail bridge w/string spacing adjustable saddles
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins and Neutrik locking jack
- Detachable Finger ramp included
- Gig bag included
Ergonomic New Design
The EHB's headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing.
Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that's excellent for long sets or practice session.
There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player's body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
High Quality Construction
The EHB1005MS features an American Basswood body and the 5-piece roasted Maple/Walnut neck for well-balanced tone and clear attack.
Attached to the body, the Roasted Maple in the neck is heat-treated to increase stability, durability, moisture resistance, and tolerance of temperature changes. Sitting atop this nec, the Roasted Maple fingerboard is also heat-treated for a balanced attack and rich sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust.
Luminescent side dot inlays provide clear visibility in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access. With its multi-scale design, the EHB1005MS creates an "alive" open tone and is comfortable to play. This ergonomic construction coordinates with the players hand angle as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating a quick, smooth, playing action.
The Bartolini BH2 pickups in a dual-coil style configuration with a lower resonant frequency, provide a balanced, warm response with a tighter bottom end and a fuller midrange.
In addition to this, the Vari-mid 3-band EQ features a variable mid-frequency control which allows you to dial in an incredibly wide range of sounds.
There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed.
Top Notch Hardware
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm, answering every bassist's individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style.
Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
Ibanez EHB1005MS EHB Sea Foam Green Specs
- MPN: EHB1005MS-SFM
- Colour Name: Sea Foam Green Matte
- Number of Strings: 5
- Neck Type: EHB5
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut
- reinforcement rods: Graphite reinforcement rods
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness (1st fret, mm): 19.5
- Neck thickness (12th fret, mm): 21.5
- Scale (mm): 889 - 838
- Nut width (mm): 45
- End width (mm): 74
- Number of fret: 24
- Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple
- Fretboard Radius (mm): 500
- Inlay: Abalone off-set dot
- Body Material (For Solid): American Basswood
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Total length (mm): 1042
- Body thickness (mm): 42
- Body length (mm): 517
- Body Width (mm): 312
- Bridge: MR5HS
- Active or Passive: Active
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Ibanez custom headpieces
- Hardware Color: Black
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini BH2
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini BH2
- EQ (Active): Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- Controls, Pickup selector: 1 Volume, 1 Balancer, Bass, Middle, Treble, Vari-mid
- Side Dot Inlay: Luminescent side dot inlay
- Strap Lock: Schaller S-Locks strap lock pins
- Special Strings: DAddario EXL170-5SL
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Case: Gig bag included
- Other Item(s) Included: Hex wrench
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|5-piece Roasted Maple and Walnut neck
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.