Ibanez's Artstar range of guitars have been offering players a great semi-acoustic alternative for many years now. In combining the large, reassuring presence of a semi-hollow body, those smooth and creamy sounds of blues guitar humbuckers, and a sleek, fast neck that offers the maximum amount of comfort no matter how fast you play, Ibanez Artstar guitars are really something else.
Looks Vintage, Plays Like a Dream
With the Ibanez Artstar Vintage you get a premium-quality guitar that's been prematurely aged and adorned with "battle scars" on the Yellow Sunburst (low gloss) finish, giving the impression of an instrument that's been well looked after and well-played for many years. Despite the aged look though, Artstar Vintage guitars are available at a reasonable price, especially for the quality of the instrument you'd be getting.
Featuring a genuine organic bone nut, a pair of Super 58 humbuckers with a Tri-Sound Switch for the neck pickup, ART-1 fixed bridge, Bound Ebony Fretboard with Artstar Fret Edge treatment, Quik Change III Tailpiece, and Sure Grip III Control knobs, this guitar is every bit the premium-grade instrument that the price suggests and more.
Super 58 humbuckers have been voiced specifically to meet the needs of Jazz and Blues players. Whether you want the smooth, nuanced tones of a clean sounding neck pickup, or the biting growl associated with overdriven bridge humbuckers, the Super 58's deliver.
What does the Tri-Sound Switch do?
Situated on the guitar's body is a 3-way "Tri Sound" switch that is hooked up to your neck humbuckers. This switch allows you to adjust how your neck pickup behaves. In position 1 it acts as a Series-style humbucker, which is the more traditional sound; position 2 changes the circuitry to that of a Single Coil pickup; and position 3 sees the pickup work as a Humbucker in parallel, which offers a brighter, single coil type tone, but with a lower output and hum cancellation.
In other words: combined with individual Volume and Tone control pots, the array of sounds this guitar can produce is incredible!
- Premium-quality semi-hollow guitar that's been prematurely aged for that vintage look
- Two Super 58 Humbuckers offer you the smooth, nuanced tones and biting growl associated with the blues
- Tri-Sound switch for adjusting the neck-pickup from a standard Humbucker, to a parallel humbuckers (with brighter, single-coil type tones, but with hum cancellation), or fully coil-tapped into a Single Coil sound
- Quik Change III Tailpiece and ART-1 bridge provide improved sustain and tuning stability, whilst enabling faster string changing
- 0% Finance and Free Home-Delivery available
- Neck Type: Artstar ASV 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in neck
- Body Material: Flamed Maple top/back/sides
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard w/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
- Scale Length: 24.7"
- Fret: Medium frets w/Artstar fret edge treatment
- Fretboard Radius: 305mm
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Bridge: ART-1 bridge
- Tailpiece: Quik Change III tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: Super 58 (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Super 58 (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Hardware Color: Antique chrome
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||3pc mahogany / maple neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||as style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*