The Gretsch G9220 Bobtail Round-Neck Electro-Acoustic Resonator Guitar can be played loud and proud with its Fishman Nashville pickup and other premium appointments.
Gretsch Bobtail with Ampli-Sonic Diaphragm
With its beautiful two-tone sunburst finish and aged pearl headstock face the G9220 Bobtail looks as good as it sounds – and it sounds great thanks to its Ampli-Sonic diaphragm resonator cone.
What’s more; being an electro-acoustic guitar, you can plug it in and get that great Gretsch sound live and loud on stage.
Gretsch G9220 Bobtail Round-Neck Electro-Acoustic Resonator Guitar Key Features:
- Round-Neck Model
- Ampli-Sonic Resonator Cone
- Padauk Fretboard
- Fishman Nashville Series Resophonic Pickup
- Fishman Nashville Spider Bridge
- Grover Sta-Tite Tuning Machines
Mahogany Body with Ampli-Sonic Resonator
Gretsch’s G9220 Bobtail has a Mahogany body that houses an Ampli-Sonic cone resonator.
While guitarists normally prefer a solid top, when it comes to making a great resonator guitar, a laminate top provides a sturdy base to hold the resonator and allows it to work its magic.
This resonator has been hand spun in Eastern Europe from 99% pure aluminium.
The resulting sound is that classic, sharp tone of a single-cone resonator.
Vintage Style Neck
The Gretsch G9220 Bobtail’s Mahogany neck with its V shape profile along with its 1930s headstock featuring a period accurate old style Gretsch logo over an aged pearloid face is nicely playable and looks great.
This round-neck version of the Gretsch Bobtail gives it a soft and comfortable playing grip.
Atop the neck, you'll find a new Padauk fretboard which is extremely similar to traditional Rosewood in both looks, qualities and playing feels but comes from a more sustainable source.
There are 19 frets, with 12 to the body, while simple dot inlays guide the way along the comfortable 25" scale length.
Quality Hardware and Electronics
In the body of the Gretsch Bobtail, you’ll find a Fishman Nashvhille spider bridge and the resonator.
Ornately cut out with a beautiful nickel poinsettia design cover plate, the Ampli-Sonic resonator looks fantastic itself and is joined on the body by twin f-holes, adding that beautiful, classic look while aiding in sound creation and projection.
On the 1930s inspired headstock, you’ll find Grover Sta-Tite tuning machines which provide extremely precise and secure tuning while the bone nut maintains perfect string alignment and tension as well as aiding a natural sound and sustain.
Allowing you to plug in and get play live is a quality Fishman Nashville resonator pickup that perfectly captures the distinct tone and characteristics of a resonator guitar.
Made with authentic vintage features, the Gretsch G9220 Bobtail is the perfect instrument for any fan of guitars from yesteryear.
Buy the G9220 Bobtail and get that classic resonator guitar sound and playability thanks to top class Gretsch construction and the Ampli-Sonic resonator.
Gretsch G9220 Bobtail Round-Neck Electro-Acoustic Resonator Guitar Specs:
- Model Name: G9220 Bobtail Round-Neck A.E., Mahogany Body Spider Cone Resonator Guitar, Fishman Nashville Resonator Pickup, 2-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 2716013503
- Series: Gretsch Roots Collection
- Colour: 2-Colour Sunburst
- Build: Folk & Bluegrass
- Cutaway: Non Cutaway
- Body: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Neck Shape: Medium "V"
- Scale Length: 25" (635 mm)
- Fingerboard: Padauk
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Headstock: 1930's Gretsch 3x3
- Controls: N/A
- SPL Electronics: Fishman Nashville Series Resophonic Pickup
- Bridge: Spider – Fishman Nashville
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Strings: D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Fishman Nashville Resophonic Pickup; Gretsch Ampli-Sonic Spider Resonator Cone and Bridge; Nickel-Plated Poinsettia Design Cover-Plate; 1930s Gretsch Headstock with Aged Pearloid Face
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.