Gretsch G9241 Alligator Resonator Guitar, a Mahogany body resonator guitar fitted with deluxe appointments.
Gretsch Alligator Resonator Guitar with Nashville Pickup
Evoking the essence of 1930s American Deep South, the Gretsch Alligator is a beautiful resonator guitar.
Coming from Gretsch’s Roots Collection, the Alligator brings together authentic, vintage style with modern playability.
Gretsch G9241 Alligator Resonator Guitar Key Features:
- Ampli-Sonic Hand Spun Resonator Cone
- Biscuit Hard Maple Bridge
- Ebony and Maple Saddle
- Natural Bone Nut
- Abalone Dot Position Inlays
- 1930s Gretsch Headstock
- Aged Black White Neck and Body Binding
Constructing the Gretsch Alligator
Gretsch’s G9241 Alligator has a Mahogany body which houses an Ampli-Sonic cone which has been hand spun in Eastern Europe from 99% pure aluminium. The resulting sound is that classic, sharp tone of a single-cone resonator.
Its Mahogany neck will please vintage aficionados with its V shape profile along with its 1930s headstock featuring a period accurate old style Gretsch logo.
A classic Rosewood fretboard has been used and it features an extremely playable 15.75” (400mm) radius with 19 medium jumbo frets, with the neck joining the body at the 12th fret.
Aged black and white neck and body binding protect the resonator guitar, adding some extra visual flair while Abalone dot position inlays adorn the Rosewood fingerboard.
Great Sound from Quality Construction
The Mahogany top has a beautiful and timeless two-colour sunburst finish. While many guitarists usually prefer a solid top, the use of a laminated Mahogany top in the G9241 was definitely the right choice as it forms a sturdy, steady base for the resonator to work its magic.
Ornately cut out, the Ampli-Sonic resonator looks fantastic itself and is joined on the body by twin f-holes, adding that beautiful, classic look while aiding in sound creation and projection.
On the 1930s inspired headstock, you’ll find Grover Sta-Tite die-cast tuning machines which provide extremely precise and secure tuning while the bone nut maintains perfect string alignment and tension as well as aiding a natural sound and sustain.
Bring Blues Home
Fitted with a Fishman Nashville pickup, which is designed to work well with a modern signal chain, the Gretsch G9241 Alligator sounds great whether you’re playing acoustically or plugged in.
With over 130 years of guitar building experience, when Gretsch pays tribute to their roots with incredible guitars like the G9241 Alligator from the Gretsch Roots Collection it is done so amazingly well.
Bring home that classic Delta blues sound or enjoy a beautifully authentic folk sound and period-accurate 1930s style with the Gretsch G9241 Alligator Resonator Guitar.
Gretsch G9241 Alligator Resonator Guitar Specs:
- Model Name: G9241 Alligator Round-Neck, Mahogany Body Biscuit Cone Resonator Guitar, 2-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 2718015503
- Series: Gretsch Roots Collection
- Colour: 2-Colour Sunburst
- Build: Folk & Bluegrass
- Body: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- Body Binding: Aged White/Black/White
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Neck Shape: Medium "V"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 25" (635 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Headstock: 1930's Gretsch 3x3
- Bridge: Biscuit – Hard Maple with Ebony/Maple Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Strings: D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Gretsch Ampli-Sonic Biscuit Resonator Cone; Weathered Poinsettia Cone Cover and Trapeze Tailpiece
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*