Gibson Rex Brown Thunderbird Bass, Ebony
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
With the Gibson Rex Brown Signature Thunderbird, seen here in a sleek Ebony finish, you get a premium-grade Bass Guitar from Gibson's illustrious Artist Collection.
Boasting a traditional Reverse Thunderbird body shape carved from Mahogany, with a sleek Black and Gold aesthetic, powerful and versatile electronics, and superb hardware, this stylish instrument would make an excellent centrepiece to any bass players collection.
Multi-instrumentalist Rex Brown is best known for his bass-playing with the legendary Pantera, as well as his work with metal outfit Down and his own solo album "Smoke on This…". This signature Thunderbird, with its no-nonsense style and crushing tones, is a fitting testament to the man himself.
Gibson Rex Brown Signature Thunderbird Bass, Ebony Key Features
- Traditional Thunderbird Construction - The body on this bass is crafted with that traditional "reverse" Thunderbird shape, with a pair of Mahogany "wings" sitting either side of the Mahogany Through neck.
- Walk Down The Fretboard With Ease - A slick Mahogany neck with a comfortably-playable Rounded profile and Rosewood fingerboard combine for effortless levels of playability.
- Vulgur Display Of Power - Delivering the thunderous voice on this bass is a pair of powerful Rexbucker T-Bird pickups. These pickups offer plenty of output, with an incredible amount of low-end punch. In addition to this, the Master Tone control features a Push/Pull function that allows you to switch the pickups into "Passive" mode, for a more-traditional T-Bird voice.
- A New Level Of Reliability - Holding it all together is a set of gold-finished hardware that delivers admirably in terms of both performance and looks. The Hipshot Bridge offers superior levels of vibrational transfer between the strings and body, whilst the Mini-Clover tuners come equipped with a Drop D Xtender for when you want to de-tune on the fly.
- Hardshell Case Included - Helping you to keep this bass safe from hostile elements as you transport it between shows, Gibson have included a Modern Series hardshell case. So don't delay and order your very own Rex Brown signature Thunderbird bass from PMT Online today!
Gibson Rex Brown Signature Thunderbird Bass, Ebony Specs
- Body Shape: Thunderbird
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded
- Nut Width: 1.5"/38.1mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 34"/863.6mm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Dot
- Bridge: Hipshot Bass Bridge
- Knobs: GoldMetal Knurled
- Tuners: Hipshot Mini-Clover with Drop D-Xtender
- Plating: Gold
- Neck Pickup: Rexbucker Thunderbird
- Bridge Pickup: Rexbucker Thunderbird
- Controls: 2 Volume,1 Master Tone with Push/Pull for Active/Passive Switching (Pull Up for Passive)
- Case: Modern Series Hardshell
- SKU: BAT4RB00EBGH1
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.