The Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst Guitar pays tribute to the Golden Era of Gibson guitar design and innovation.
With it's classic, non-weight-relief construction, powerful PAF-like pickups, and stunning looks, this guitar looks, sounds and feels like an authentic piece of Gibson history.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst Guitar Highlights
- A return to the classic Les Paul Standard design, much-loved around the world
- Classic Les Paul construction of a solid Mahogany back, topped with a piece of AA Figured Maple
- Gorgeous Unburst (not Sunburst) finish
- Solid Mahogany neck with a Slim Taper profile offers a comfortable playing feel
- Two BurstBucker humbucker pickups deliver that classic, hard-rocking Les Paul tone
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge works perfectly with the Grover Rotomatic tuners to ensure superior levels of intonation and tuning stability
- Includes deluxe hard shell case
- Finance options available
A Welcome Return To A Classic Design
With the introduction of a dual-humbucker Les Paul guitar in 1957, the guitar-playing landscape was changed forever. The sounds generated by these monsters opened up a whole new tonal spectrum for guitarists.
By the early 1960s the AlNico 2 magnets in the pickups had been replaced by a more powerful AlNico 5, giving players more headroom, and paving the way for future rock and metal guitarists.
In honour of those legendary early-60s guitars, Gibson have returned to those roots with the new Les Paul Standard 60s models.
Classic LP Construction
In true 60s Les Paul tradition, this Gibson Les Paul Standard features a classic single cutaway design, with its solid Mahogany back topped with a piece of AA Figured Maple.
This tonewood combination not only looks fantastic - especially with the Unburst finish - but produces a naturally rich tone, with plenty of high end snap.
In addition to this there's a set-in Mahogany neck, with a slim-taper profile, giving a rock-solid feel, and a truly comfortable playing experience.
To recreate that powerful, early '60s, AlNico V PAF tone, Gibson have fitted a set of BurstBucker 61 pickups to the new Les Paul Standard.
Whether you want those thick, creamy Neck position tones for a guitar solo, or those biting Bridge position sounds for some heavy riffing, this is the guitar for you.
Available to Order Now
Keep your eyes peeled for the new Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst guitar arriving at a PMT Store near you soon. Don't forget, if you'd like to order yours Online, you can choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst Guitar Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: AA Figured Maple
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Unburst
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Nut Width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Reflector & Pointers
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics w/ Kidney Buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
Case & SKUs
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- SKU: LPS600UBNH1
|Case Included||hard case|
|Series||Gibson Original Collection|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.