The Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Iced Tea Guitar signifies a welcome return to the roots of this legendary dual pickup guitar.
With its classic design and construction, powerful humbucker pickups, and gorgeous aesthetics
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Iced Tea Guitar Highlights
- Classically-designed Les Paul Standard guit
- Traditional Mahogany and Flamed Maple body construction
- Striking Iced Tea burst finish
- Slim-tapered, solid Mahogany neck
- Two BurstBucker 61 humcbuckers deliver a classic, hard-rocking Les Paul tone
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and Grover Rotomatic tuners work together to offer superior levels of tuning stability
- Includes Gibson hard shell case
- Finance options available
A Classic Design Revisited
In 1957, the Gibson Les Paul was first fitted with the Patent-Applied-For (PAF) humbucker pickups, and helped change the landscape of popular music for generations to come.
Originally these pickups utilised AlNico 2 magnets, but by the early 1960s these had been swapped out for the stronger AlNico 5 kind. These new magnets gave a more powerful sound to the pickups, and helped pave the way for future rock and metal music.
These new pickups perfectly complimented the guitar's tonewoods, and led to the creation of the Gibson Les Paul Standard.
Rock Solid Sensibility
To honour those legendary early-60s guitars, Gibson's new Les Paul Standard models see a return to this original Standard design.
Featuring a solid (non-chambered) Mahogany back piece, with an AA Figured Maple top, the natural tone generated by these guitars makes them the ideal centrepiece for any player looking for that vintage Les Paul sound.
In addition to this, the neck is crafted from Solid Mahogany, and features a Slim Taper profile shape, offering a comfortable playing experience whatever your playstyle.
Powerful Vintage Tones
To recreate that powerful, early '60s, AlNico V PAF tone, Gibson have fitted a set of BurstBucker 61 pickups to the new Les Paul Standard.
Whether you want those thick, creamy Neck position tones for a lead line, or those biting Bridge position power chord sounds, this is the guitar for you.
Order Yours Today
Keep your eyes peeled for the new Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst guitar arriving at a PMT Store near you soon. Don't forget, if you'd like to order yours Online, you can choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Not showing up as in stock? Not a problem! Simply contact our Online Sales Team directly, and we can advise you as to any potential waiting times.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Iced Tea Guitar Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: AA Figured Maple
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Iced Tea
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Nut Width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Reflector & Pointers
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics w/ Kidney Buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
Case & SKUs
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- SKU: LPS600ITNH1
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
August 30, 2018Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*