Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Gold Top
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Gold Top Guitar sees the return of the classic dual-humbucker Gold Top design from the mid 1950s.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Gold Top Guitar Highlights
- A triumphant return of the original dual-humbucker Les Paul guitar design
- Solid (no weight-relief) Mahogany back, with a gold-finished Maple top
- Mahogany neck with a Vintage 50s profile shape
- Two vintage-voiced BurstBucker pickups
- Fixed Tune-O-Matic bridge Vintage-style tuners offer superior tuning stability and accurate intonation
- Includes Gibson Hard Shell case
- Home Delivery options available
The Return of a Classic Design
In 1957, Gibson introduced the world to the revolutionary PAF (Patent Applied For) humbucker pickups.
These pickups not only eliminated the awkward 60 cycle hum present with their predecessors, but managed to work perfectly with the guitar's tonewoods to deliver a much thicker, warmer tone than previously too.
This sound quickly became the hallmark of the Gibson Les Paul, and remains a must-have for many players the world over to this day.
Traditional Gold Top Construction
This Les Paul Standard 50s Gold Top is crafted to impart the same kind of playing experience - physically and tonally - as those legendary original models.
With its solid Mahogany back, Gold-finished Maple top, set in Mahogany neck with Vintage 50s profile, and PAF-like humbuckers, this guitar is a fitting tribute to Gibson's Goldern era of innovation.
Gibson's original PAF (Patent Applied For) humbuckers are amongst the most coveted ever made.
With the BurstBucker 1 and BurstBucker 2 combination on this Les Paul Standard guitar, you get one of the closest approximations to this elusive tone yet.
These vintage-sounding pickups offer you the choice between that vintage, creamy neck pickup sound, and the hotter, biting bridge tones.
Each of these pickups has independent Volume and Tone controls, opening up a whole world of vintage voices for you to choose from.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Gold Top Guitar Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: Maple
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Gold
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Vintage 50s
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stopbar
- Knobs: Amber Top Hats w/ Pointers
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone buttons
- Playing: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: BurstBucker 1
- Bridge Pickup: BurstBucker 2
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- SKU: LPS5P000GTNH1
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Gibson Original Collection
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
|les paul style
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.