The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue, in this beautiful Washed Cherry Sunburst finish, is a faithful recreation of the original '58 Les Paul Standard.
The Beginning of The Burst
In 1958, the Gibson Les Paul was reintroduced with the now famous sunburst finish.
While initially met with lacklustre sales, this era of the Gibson Les Paul has become one of the most storied and sought after for electric guitar aficionados.
Today, the Gibson Les Paul is synonymous with rock and roll and has been played by many of the most famous guitarists to ever have lived including Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Slash and more.
Now, through the incredible dedication of the Gibson Custom Shop team, you can own an incredible recreation of the 1958 Les Paul Standard - the guitar that marked the beginning of the burst.
Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Washed Cherry Sunburst Key Features:
- Mahogany Body with Arched Maple Top
- Nitrocellulose VOS Vintage Patina Finish
- Solid Mahogany Neck with Chunky C-Shape
- Rosewood Fretboard with Hide Glue Fit
- 22 Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall Frets
- Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid Inlays
- No-Wire ABR-1 Bridge with Nickel-Plated Brass Saddles
- Kluson Single Line, Single Ring Tuning Machines
- Custumbucker Alnico III Unpotted Pickups
- CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers
- Paper-In-Oil Capacitors
- 3-Way Switchcraft Pickup Selector
- Includes Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Guitar Case
- Comes with Assorted Collectible Items
Gibson Custom Shop Quality
As a Gibson Custom Shop guitar, the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue represents the best of guitar build quality and tonal superiority.
With a passionate dedication to Gibson guitar heritage, the Gibson Custom Shop team have created an incredibly authentic reissue of the 1958 Les Paul Standard with stunning attention to detail.
Lightweight Mahogany has been used for the body of the 1958 Les Paul Standard reissue. Keeping to the original spec, the body features no weight relief and gives you that classic, weighty playing feel.
Atop the Mahogany back and fitted the traditional way with hide glue is a plain Maple top with an elegant arch.
The signature single cutaway of the Les Paul guitar not only looks great but provides great access to the upper fret for easy guitar solo performance.
Classic Playing Performance
Attached to the body with an old school long tenon and hide glue fit is a solid Mahogany neck.
It has a round, chunky C-shape profile for a substantial grip in your hand and extra leverage for bending.
Atop the neck, fitted again with hide glue, is a traditional Rosewood fretboard. This fretboard features a 12" radius and Historic Gibson narrow/tall frets which offer classic playability and extremely easy bends while getting more of the Rosewood fingerboard's character in the tone.
Aged cellulose nitrate trapezoid inlays give the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard reissue a suitably vintage and beautifully aged appearance.
Authentic 1958 Les Paul Standard Tone
Giving the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard reissue its authentic, '59 Les Paul voicing is a set of two Custombucker Alnico III humbucking pickups.
Featuring great looking, authentic profile nickel silver pickup covers, these humbuckers have been meticulously designed for faithful tone reproduction and are unpotted to give you that old school, raw performance.
A three-way Switchcraft pickup selector allows use of either pickup individually or both at once.
Making sure the authentic looks, feel and performance continues through into the controls, they feature butyrate gold top hat knobs along with CTS 500K audio taper potentiometers and paper-in-oil capacitors.
High Quality Hardware
Completing the great look and performance of the 1958 Les Paul Standard reissue is its nickel finished hardware.
On the body, you'll find a no-wire ABR-1 bridge with nickel-plated brass saddles and a lightweight aluminium stop bar.
Together, this hardware delivers precise intonation, increased sustain and fantastic tuning stability.
Look to the headstock and you'll find Kluson tuning machines, just like you'd find on the original 50s Les Paul guitars, offering old-school-cool looks and secure tuning.
The Whole Package
Owning a Gibson Custom Shop guitar is a full experience and as such, it comes with a number of fantastic additional items.
First and foremost is a Lifton reissue 5-latch guitar case with its classic brown and pink colouring in keeping with the era-correct vibe.
You will also receive a Gibson custom switchplate medallion along with a historic black plastic cover in the case.
There's also a certificate of authenticity booklet for added collectable value and a set of Historic Reissue hang tags to complete the authentic 1950s experience of owning the '58 Les Paul Standard reissue.
Buy the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard reissue at PMT Online now and add this incredible electric guitar to your collection.
Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Washed Cherry Sunburst Specs:
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switchwasher: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Black Royalite
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags
|Shipping Weight (kg)||7.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.