If you're looking for a premium-grade guitar that can help take your playing career to the next level, then you need to check out the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Old School Tobacco Sunburst.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Old School Tobacco Sunburst Highlights
- Premium-grade guitar, inspired by the popular '80s G&L Skyhawk
- Evolved double-cutaway design, with a hint of offset, a slim waist, and generous curves
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato bridge
- Okoume body with an Old School Tobbacco Sunburst finish
- Leo-Fender designed MFD single coil pickups offer a meaty, yet sparkly, array of tones
- Mini-toggle expander ensures no tone is left behind
- Comfortable "Modern Classic" maple neck, with a 9.5" radiused Caribbean Rosewood fretboard
- Includes deluxe hardshell case
Brings Back The Best of '80s CLF Styling
Originally released in 1984, the G&L Skyhawk offered a great option for forward-thinking players. With the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk you get the latest evolution of this gorgeous guitar.
Featuring a comfortably contoured double-cutaway body, a slim waist, and arched pickguard shape, the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk brings together a great combination of style and playability.
When you factor in the inclusion of a sleek, "Modern Classic" neck, dual-fulcrum vibrato bridge, and a set of powerful MFD pickups, you get a phenomenal rock and roll machine.
Powerful Single Coil Pickups
MFD (Magnetic Field Design) single coil pickups feature a ceramic magnet and adjustable steel pole pieces, and have been specially designed to offer a higher output than a traditional single coil, but without the hum.
Tonally, MFD single coils offer a tone that's warmer than you'd expect, with a broader frequency response. In addition to that, each of the pole pieces is invidually adjustable, allowing you to adjust the output of each string on each pickup.
Dual Fulcrum Bridge
Originally designed by Leo Fender to offer the final word in vintage-style vibratos, the Dual Fulcrum uses two pivoting points rather than the traditional six wood screw attachment. This results in a much smoother, "silky" feel, allowing you to bend notes up and down at will.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Old School Tobacco Sunburst Specs
- Construction: bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils
- Body Wood: Okoume
- Body Colour: Old School Tobacco Sunburst
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard
- Neck Profile: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius and 1 11/16" nut-width
- Nut: 100% natural bone
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- Tuning Keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- Controls: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), mini-toggle switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*