If you're looking for a professional-grade guitar that offers a great balance of style and playability, then you're in luck. Check out the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Natural Ash - the latest incarnation of G&L's popular 1984 Skyhawk model.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Natural Ash Highlights
- Premium-grade guitar, inspired by the popular '80s G&L Skyhawk
- Evolved double-cutaway design, with a hint of offset, a slim waist, and generous curves
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato bridge
- Swamp Ash body with a natural gloss finish
- Leo-Fender designed MFD single coil pickups offer a meaty, yet sparkly, array of tones
- Mini-toggle expander ensures no tone is left behind
- Comfortable "Modern Classic" maple neck, with a 9.5" radiused maple fretboard
- Includes deluxe hardshell case
The Best of '80s CLF Styling
With the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Natural Ash you get a high-end electric guitar inspired by the original 1984 Skyhawk.
With its comfortably contoured double-cutaway body, slim waist, and arched pickguard shape, this guitar combines incredible levels of playability with plenty of style.
Add into this a sleek, "Modern Classic" neck, dual-fulcrum vibrato bridge, and a set of powerful MFD single coil pickups, and you have yourself a true rock and roll machine.
Magnetic Field Design (MFD) single coils are Ceramic pickups, specially designed to offer individual adjustment of each pole piece, allowing you to adjust the output of each string on each pickup.
These pickups offer a slightly warmer tone than a traditional single coil, with a broader frequency response, and a much higher output, but without any of that dreaded 60 cycle hum.
Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
Originally designed by Leo Fender to offer the final word in vintage-style vibratos, the Dual Fulcrum uses two pivoting points rather than the traditional six wood screw attachment. This results in a much smoother, "silky" feel, allowing you to bend notes up and down at will.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Natural Ash Specs
- Construction: bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Body Colour: Natural
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- Neck Profile: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius and 1 11/16" nut-width
- Nut: 100% natural bone
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- Tuning Keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- Controls: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), mini-toggle switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
September 7, 2018Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*