So, you're in the market for a new professional-grade guitar, that offers a great combination of tone and style? Then you need to get out the G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Clear Blue - G&L's latest evolution of the beloved Skyhawk model.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Clear Blue Highlights
- Premium-grade guitar, inspired by the popular '80s G&L Skyhawk
- Evolved double-cutaway design, with a hint of offset, a slim waist, and generous curves
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato bridge
- Swamp Ash body with a Clear Blue finish
- Leo-Fender designed MFD single coil pickups offer a meaty, yet sparkly, array of tones
- Mini-toggle expander ensures no tone is left behind
- Comfortable "Modern Classic" maple neck, with a 9.5" radiused maple fretboard
- Includes deluxe hardshell case
A Stylish, Dual Cutaway Guitar
For the new CLF Research Skyhawk guitars, G&L have opted to go back to 1984, when the original Skyhawk was released.
These guitars come complete with a comfortably contoured double-cutaway body, with a slim waist, and arched pickguard shape, successfully combining playability with style.
On top of this you get a sleek, "Modern Classic" neck, dual fulcrum vibrato bridge, and a set of powerful MFD single coil pickups, resulting in a truly versatile rock and roll machine.
Magnetic Field Design Pickups
Magnetic Field Design (usually shortened to MFD) single coil Ceramic pickups have been specially designed to offer a higher output than a traditional single coil, but without the noise.
These pickups also offer a warmer tone than a traditional single coil, with a broader frequency response, and offer individual pole piece adjustment, allowing you to adjust each strings output accordingly.
Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
Originally designed by Leo Fender to offer the final word in vintage-style vibratos, the Dual Fulcrum uses two pivoting points rather than the traditional six wood screw attachment. This results in a much smoother, "silky" feel, allowing you to bend notes up and down at will.
G&L CLF Research Skyhawk Guitar in Clear Blue Specs
- Construction: bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Body Colour: Clear Blue
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- Neck Profile: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius and 1 11/16" nut-width
- Nut: 100% natural bone
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- Tuning Keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- Controls: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), mini-toggle switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*