The Fender Player Stratocaster HSS, seen here in a sleek black and featuring a Pau Ferro fretboard, marks a new standard for Fender.
Out with The Old, In with The New and Improved
Not content to rest on their laurels, Fender are constantly reworking and improving their products.
Extremely popular for many years, the Fender Standard series is now being replaced by the new Fender Player series which boasts new and improved specs for even better performance.
With its HSS pickup configuration, the versatile Stratocaster adds even more colour to your tonal palette.
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS MN Black Key Features:
- New Player Series Humbucker and Single-Coil Pickups
- 5-Way Pickup Switching
- Synchronised Tremolo Bridge with Bent Steel Saddles
- Modern “C” Shape Maple Neck
- 9.5” Radius Pau Ferro Fretboard
Classic Stratocaster Design
Favoured for its bright, balanced and resonant tone with pronounced upper midrange and excellent sustain, Alder has been used to form the body of the Fender Player Stratocaster.
A key ingredient to the Fender Stratocaster’s popular and distinctive design is its double cutaway which provides easy reach of the upper frets.
Satin Finished, Comfortable Neck
Attached to the body with a sturdy 4-bolt neck plate that features a great looking stamped “F” logo is a 25.5” scale Maple neck.
With its modern “C” shape and satin finish on the back, this neck is extremely comfortable to play.
Atop the neck is a Pau Ferro fretboard with a modern 9.5” radius holding 22 medium jumbo frets for great all-round playability.
Taking a step away from the traditional Stratocaster setup of three single-coil pickups, the Fender Player Stratocaster HSS is equipped with a New Player Series Humbucker in the bridge position.
Complementing the New Player Series Single-Coil Pickups found in the neck and middle positions, the humbucking pickup gives you a beefier tone and a bit more grunt where you need it for more hard and heavy tones.
A very versatile instrument, the Player Strat HSS has five different options for using the pickups:
- Position 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup
- Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Classic Stratocaster single-coil tone combined with the heavier, chunkier sounding power of a humbucker.
For further tailoring of your tone, you have a master volume control along with two tone controls – one for the neck and middle pickups and the other for the humbucking bridge pickup.
Return of a Rock Legend
Fender’s iconic Stratocaster electric guitar is synonymous with rock music. Played by such legends as Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton and countless more, the Fender Strat is a piece of living music history.
With the Fender Player Stratocaster, classic style and modern features combine, giving you great playability and awesome sound.
Buy the Fender Player Stratocaster HSS now and get one of the world’s most popular and enduring electric guitars.
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS MN Black Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Truss Rod Wrench: 3/16" Hex (Allen)
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: New Player Series Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: New Player Series Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: New Player Series Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Bridge Mounting: 2-Point Modern
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tremolo Arm: Standard Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
August 8, 2016Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.