The Fender Player Lead III is a fantastic tribute to the original 1982 model, giving you a chance to own a rare Fender guitar. In this version, the Fender Player Lead III is sporting a rich Sienna Sunburst finish.
Rare Fender Guitar
Only made in 1982, the Fender Lead III is a rare electric guitar and quite a unique one in Fender's history.
Originally made as a response to high quality, low price guitars from competitors, this guitar offered great performance with signature Fender style.
Now, coming out of Fender's acclaimed factory in Ensenada, Mexico, the Fender Player Lead III revives this rare Fender guitar with that same commitment to great performance at a great value price.
Fender Player Lead III Electric Guitar Sienna Sunburst Key Features:
- Return of Rare Fender Guitar
- Distinctive Lead Double Cutaway Body Shape
- Modern "C" Shape Neck with Satin Finish
- 9.5" Radius Maple Fretboard
- 2 x Player Series Alnico 2 Humbuckers
- 3-Way Pickup Switching
- Versatile Coil-Splitting Options
Distinctive Body Shape
One of the first things you'll notice about the Fender Player Lead III is its distinctive body shape.
Its elegant curves create an ergonomic shape while the double cutaway grants easy access to the upper frets.
Despite its unique body shape though, it is still distinctly Fender.
Attached to the body is a maple neck with a satin finish on the back for smooth playability and a modern "C" profile for added comfort.
Adding to that playability is a 9.5" radius maple fretboard with 22 medium jumbo frets.
Versatile Coil-Splitting Options
Where the Fender Lead III really stands out is its unique and versatile electronics.
Two humbuckers provide the Fender Player Lead III's voice with Alnico II magnets ensuring a suitably vintage sound.
Master Volume and Tone controls are on hand for easy adjustment of your sound but the two 3-way toggle switches are what really make the electronics stand out.
First, there's the front toggle for pickup switching. This switch allows you to choose between using just the bridge pickup, just the neck pickup or both together at once.
Next, there's the coil splitting switch which gives you the sound of single-coil pickup instead of the thicker humbucker tones.
In the middle position, this switch keeps both pickups in humbucker mode. Flick it up to the first position to split the bridge pickup or third position to split the neck pickup.
With this coil-splitting switch installed, your tonal palette is doubled giving you incredible sonic versatility.
Simple But Effective Hardware
Installed on the body of the Fender Player Lead III is a hardtail bridge with a string-through-body design delivering great sustain.
With its individual block saddles you can achieve perfect intonation with ease. These saddles also lend a certain bright, cutting edge to your tone.
Up on the headstock, you'll find vintage style tuners with an "F" stamp for that great vintage aesthetic.
Stand Out From The Crowd
The Fender Lead III is a rare Fender guitar, only produced for one year back in 1982.
With its distinctive look and unique electronics, the Fender Player Lead III will really make you stand out from the crowd.
Buy the Fender Player Lead III from PMT Online now for a highly versatile guitar with unique looks and tone.
Fender Player Lead III Electric Guitar Sienna Sunburst Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Colour: Sienna Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Back, Gloss Urethane Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage "F" Logo
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/ White / Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel / Chrome
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 2 x 3-Position Toggle
- Front 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Rear 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Splits Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Off, Position 3. Splits Neck Pickup
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
|Packed Weight (kg)||5.0000|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||double cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.