Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang RW Sonic Blue
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
Bursting with teen spirit and not quite all apologies, capture Nirvana-infused playability from Fender's one of kind artist collaboration with the late great guitarist, Kurt Cobain.
Grunge Soaked Bite
Inspired by a brainstorm and the merging of two polaroid photographs, the tone that inspired an entire decade has been brought to the modern-day with the Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang RW, seen here in a lush Sonic Blue.
The distinctive amalgamation of two classic Fender models, the Jaguar and the Mustang, the Jag-Stang is a concept originated by the man himself back in 1993 when working with the Custom Shop. Becoming a prototype model he played on stage numerous times in the late stages of his career, the Jag-Stang model has remained a staple within the guitar titan's niche designs. This is why the model has been reissued many times over the years due to its popularity.
Ruthless and unrefined, the Jag-Stang model is perfect for aggressive playing styles that's more on the unpolished side. Whether it's raw cleans or vicious distorted riffs, this Artist Series model is the six-string for you!
Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang RW Sonic Blue Features:
- Unique Jag-Stang Body Shape for Comfortable Playability
- Alder Body for Lightweight but Full-Bodied Tone
- Sleek-playing Maple neck, with a bound Rosewood fingerboard and Pearloid dot inlays
- Jag-Stang Humbucker in the Bridge and Jag-Stang Single Coil in the Neck for that Classic Cobain Tone
Teen Spirit Bite
Ruthless and unfiltered, Kurt Cobain's guitar tone is instantly recognisable due to its face value natural sonic quality. To replicate this to the best of their ability, Fender has fitted this Artist Series guitar with a Jag-Stang Humbucker in the bridge, and a Jag-Stang Single Coil in the neck.
The result is spectacular, whether your playing Heart-Shaped Box or Lithium, the Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang ticks all boxes. Accompanied with tone controls, capture a dynamically dark intensity and bite that defined the grunge era!
Time Capsule Design
Pulling out all the stops to match the exact design used on the prototype back in '93, Fender has articulately crafted every aspect of the Jag-Stang with the utmost precision. From the tonewoods to the hardware, this Artist model has been built to recreate Cobain's original brainstorm vision.
Showcasing a robust Alder body, a shorter scaled Maple neck, a lush Rosewood fingerboard, an aged white Pearloid pickguard and a sleek Sonic Blue finish, the Jag-Stang is the pinnacle of 90s grunge nostalgia bundled into one.
Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang RW Sonic Blue Specifications:
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jag-Stang
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Neck Pickup: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Switching: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
- Dimensions: 4.50x15.70x41.90 IN
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 6.03kg
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|1 x Single Coil 1 x Humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.