The Fender EOB 'Sustainer' Stratocaster Ed O’Brien Signature Guitar is the incredible result from a unique collaboration between Fender and Radiohead guitarist Ed O’Brien.
Ed O’Brien Signature Guitar
An integral part of Radiohead’s sound, Ed O’Brien brings an incredibly unique guitar style that taps into your emotion with its ethereal, orchestral and sometimes haunting sound.
Collaborating with Fender, Ed O’Brien has helped to design a guitar that is as inspiring and unique as his music.
- Designed with Radiohead guitarist Ed O’Brien
- First Radiohead Signature Guitar
- Sustainer Driver for Almost Endless Sustain
- Duncan JB Jr. Humbucker and Texas Special Single-Coil Strat Pickups
- 10/56 V Neck Profile
- Satin Finished Neck
Special Electronics for Inspiring Sound
Allowing you to create beautifully layered soundscapes on your journey to finding your own, individual sound, the Fender EOB Stratocaster has some amazing electronics onboard.
Delivering a wide range of tones for you to draw from, you’ll find a Duncan JB Jr. humbucker in the bridge pickup position, a Texas Special single-coil in the middle pickup position and a Fernandes Sustainer at the neck position.
Using the Sustainer, you can create beautifully textured sounds with near-infinite sustain on one or more strings.
Giving you full control over the Sustainer is an on/off switch, an intensity control and a three-position mode select switch.
You can choose from Fundamental-Only, Harmonic-Only or a Blend of the two when using the Sustainiac to get the exact sound you’re looking for.
A five-way pickup selector switch allows you to choose how you want to use the pickups with the following options:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle Pickup and Sustainer
- Position 5. Sustainer
Finally, you can further sculpt your sound using the Master Volume and Master Tone knobs.
Crafting the Fender EOB Stratocaster
Alder has been used to craft the distinctive Strat body of the Fender Ed O’Brien signature guitar, with its double cutaway design allowing for easy reach of the higher frets – perfect for solos and other adventurous performances.
The Maple neck has a 10/56 “V” back-shape brings back the old October 1956 neck profile giving you something substantial in your fretting hand while being extremely comfortable to play.
Atop the neck is a Maple fretboard with a modern 9.5” radius and 21 narrow tall frets. Both taller and narrower than medium jumbo frets, you’ll find narrow tall frets allow you to perform some great bends while keeping perfect intonation across the entire neck.
Attaching the neck to the body is a special neck plate which has been engraved with a custom Flower of Life emblem, really setting this guitar apart, adding some unique visual flavour while acting as a nod to Ed O’Brien and his influences.
At the head stock, you’ll find six vintage-style tuning machines which not only look great but provide quick, easy and secure tuning of your strings.
Down on the body of the EOB Stratocaster, you’ll find a 6-saddle vintage-style synchronised tremolo bridge. Perform deep and expressive tremolo parts while the vintage style bridge keeps your strings aligned and perfectly returning to pitch.
Unique, Inspiring and Impressive
The Fender EOB Stratocaster is the perfect Ed O’Brien signature guitar as it is as unique, inspiring and impressive as the man’s legendary sound.
This amazing guitar also includes a Fender Deluxe Gig Bag so you’re ready to get out on the road straight away, with your new instrument protected in style.
Buy the EOB Stratocaster now to have this amazing guitar in your hands, allowing you to find and refine a sound that is uniquely yours.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, 10/56 “V” Back-Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Back with Gloss Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Duncan JB Jr. (Bridge), Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat (Middle), Sustainer Driver (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle andNeck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Active Sustainer® Driver/Pickup Powered by 9-Volt Battery
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Intensity Control, Active Sustainer® On/Off Switch, Fundamental/Harmonic/Blend Switch
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Nut Width||1.650" (42mm)|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.