Fender EOB Sustainer Stratocaster Ed OBrien Signature Guitar
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Fender EOB 'Sustainer' Stratocaster Ed O’Brien Signature Guitar is the incredible result from a unique collaboration between Fender and Radiohead guitarist Ed O’Brien.
Ed O’Brien Signature Guitar
An integral part of Radiohead’s sound, Ed O’Brien brings an incredibly unique guitar style that taps into your emotion with its ethereal, orchestral and sometimes haunting sound.
Collaborating with Fender, Ed O’Brien has helped to design a guitar that is as inspiring and unique as his music.
- Designed with Radiohead guitarist Ed O’Brien
- First Radiohead Signature Guitar
- Sustainer Driver for Almost Endless Sustain
- Duncan JB Jr. Humbucker and Texas Special Single-Coil Strat Pickups
- 10/56 V Neck Profile
- Satin Finished Neck
Special Electronics for Inspiring Sound
Allowing you to create beautifully layered soundscapes on your journey to finding your own, individual sound, the Fender EOB Stratocaster has some amazing electronics onboard.
Delivering a wide range of tones for you to draw from, you’ll find a Duncan JB Jr. humbucker in the bridge pickup position, a Texas Special single-coil in the middle pickup position and a Fernandes Sustainer at the neck position.
Using the Sustainer, you can create beautifully textured sounds with near-infinite sustain on one or more strings.
Giving you full control over the Sustainer is an on/off switch, an intensity control and a three-position mode select switch.
You can choose from Fundamental-Only, Harmonic-Only or a Blend of the two when using the Sustainiac to get the exact sound you’re looking for.
A five-way pickup selector switch allows you to choose how you want to use the pickups with the following options:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle Pickup and Sustainer
- Position 5. Sustainer
Finally, you can further sculpt your sound using the Master Volume and Master Tone knobs.
Crafting the Fender EOB Stratocaster
Alder has been used to craft the distinctive Strat body of the Fender Ed O’Brien signature guitar, with its double cutaway design allowing for easy reach of the higher frets – perfect for solos and other adventurous performances.
The Maple neck has a 10/56 “V” back-shape brings back the old October 1956 neck profile giving you something substantial in your fretting hand while being extremely comfortable to play.
Atop the neck is a Maple fretboard with a modern 9.5” radius and 21 narrow tall frets. Both taller and narrower than medium jumbo frets, you’ll find narrow tall frets allow you to perform some great bends while keeping perfect intonation across the entire neck.
Attaching the neck to the body is a special neck plate which has been engraved with a custom Flower of Life emblem, really setting this guitar apart, adding some unique visual flavour while acting as a nod to Ed O’Brien and his influences.
At the head stock, you’ll find six vintage-style tuning machines which not only look great but provide quick, easy and secure tuning of your strings.
Down on the body of the EOB Stratocaster, you’ll find a 6-saddle vintage-style synchronised tremolo bridge. Perform deep and expressive tremolo parts while the vintage style bridge keeps your strings aligned and perfectly returning to pitch.
Unique, Inspiring and Impressive
The Fender EOB Stratocaster is the perfect Ed O’Brien signature guitar as it is as unique, inspiring and impressive as the man’s legendary sound.
This amazing guitar also includes a Fender Deluxe Gig Bag so you’re ready to get out on the road straight away, with your new instrument protected in style.
Buy the EOB Stratocaster now to have this amazing guitar in your hands, allowing you to find and refine a sound that is uniquely yours.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, 10/56 “V” Back-Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Back with Gloss Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Duncan JB Jr. (Bridge), Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat (Middle), Sustainer Driver (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle andNeck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Active Sustainer® Driver/Pickup Powered by 9-Volt Battery
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Intensity Control, Active Sustainer® On/Off Switch, Fundamental/Harmonic/Blend Switch
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|1 x humbucker 1 x single coil
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.