Fender American Performer Mustang RW FB Satin Sonic Blue
Out of stock
Unavailable for purchase
Fender's latest range of professional grade guitars and basses - the American Performer series - is here, and it means business. As part of this fantastic lineup, you'll find the Fender American Performer Mustang RW FB Satin Sonic Blue, a high-end short-scale guitar that's steeped in Fender tradition.
Fender American Performer Mustang RW FB Satin Sonic Blue Highlights
- Newly-designed, professional-grade, short-scale Mustang guitar from Fender
- Lightweight Alder body with a satin Sonic Blue finish
- Smooth and comfortable satin-finished Maple neck with a Modern "C"-shaped profile
- Two single-coil Yosemite Mustang pickups deliver a dynamic range of pristine tones
- Greasebucket Tone Circuitry allows you to shape your high frequencies without boosting your lows
- Shorter-scale construction allows for effortless and accurate note bending
- Includes deluxe padded Fender Gig Bag
- Home Delivery options available
Vintage Fender Tones in a Modern Package
Originally introduced in 1964, the Fender Mustang was the basis of a major redesign for the Fender Musicmaster and Duo Sonic - the so-called Student Models.
During the early 1990s the Mustang received a surge in popularity, thanks to a number of alternative rock guitarists using them, leading Fender to release a number of "Re-Issue" models over the years.
With their shorter scale length, lightweight offset-waist bodies, and no-nonsence two-pickup design, the likes of Kurt Cobain, John Frusciante, Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), and Blixa Bargeld (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) just weren't able to resist the Mustang's charm - and once you've played it, neither will you.
American Performer Series
Made in Corona, California, the American Performer Series Mustang guitar has been made to offer the exceptional tone and feel you've come to expect from an Authentic Fender - but with all-new features designed to inspire you on to greatness.
First of all this bass features a lightweight Alder body, and a satin-finished, short-scale Maple neck topped with a Rosewood fingerboard, offering a superior level of comfort over other guitars.
Also featuring newly designed Yosemite pickups, a Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit, a vintage-style Pearloid pickguard, Mustang Bridge/Tremolo system, and even a deluxe padded gig bag to keep it safe, this Mustang guitar is ideal for the working professional.
What Are Yosemite Pickups?
Newly designed for the American Performer Series of instruments, Yosemite pickups feature flat-staggered pole pieces and shellac potting. This results in an increased output, while at the same time allowing the coils to breathe, therefore minimising feedback.
These Single Coil Mustang pickups have been specially designed to produce rich and expressive tones, which they deliver by the bucket-full.
Thanks to the no-nonsense 3-way pickup selector (as opposed to the usual Mustang switching) and the addition of a Greasebucket Tone Circuit, your guitar will retain that famed Fender single-coil clarity and articulation even with plenty of overdrive thrown into your signal.
In addition to the Master Volume control pot, there's a Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit to contend with. Greasebucket tone circuitry allows you to shape your tonal highs without adding any extra bass into the mix, preserving your tone and letting every note ring out.
Guitars with a shorter neck-scale length - such as the American Performer Mustang - tend to feel a little easier on the fingers than those with a standard 25.5" scale. This is due to a number of factors.
First of all, the shorter scale length means there's less tenson on the strings, so playing the notes requires less force.
Secondly, the frets are slightly closer together, so there's less finger-stretching involved.
And finally, shorter-scale guitars tend to be slightly lighter than their longer-scale counterparts, making them more comfortable for playing those long studio and live sessions.
While this may have led to the assumption by some that "shorter scale guitars are better for beginners", there's no denying that they're a lot of fun to play for guitarists of all sizes and skill levels.
As stated earlier: there's a reason so many alt-rock guitarists have favoured the Mustang over more conventional models.
Modern Neck Profile
Another modern feature on the American Performer Series Mustang Guitar is the inclusion of a Modern "C" profile neck shape.
Furthermore, this neck comes complete with a 9.5"-radius Rosewood fingerboard, making it comfortable for pretty much any playing style, and its 20 Jumbo Frets really allow your musicalality to shine through.
Available to Order Now
Don't forget, if you order this product on line, you will be able to make use of our wonderful range of Home Delivery options!
Fender American Performer Mustang RW FB Satin Sonic Blue Specs
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Sonic Blue, Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern â€œCâ€
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5â€ (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685â€ (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 24â€ (610 mm)
- Bridge: American Performer Mustang Bridge and Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Mustang (Neck/Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 3-position Toggle: Bridge, Bridge and Neck, Neck
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (0.009 - 0.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|2 x single coil
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.