The Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster, seen here in a sumptuous Butterscotch Blonde, gives you the fantastic experience of playing a legendary ‘50s Fender Tele with a great modern feel.
The Original Era Tele Strikes Back
The ultimate workhorse guitar; when Fender launched the Telecaster they launched a musical revolution.
Thanks to its unique style, great feel and trend-setting sound, working guitarists picked up the Telecaster in droves and it went on to lay the foundation of modern country music and even hard rock (thanks to one Jimmy Page).
With the Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster, you have the opportunity to enjoy that authentic, legendary style and incredible tone but with modern feel and pickup switching.
Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde Key Features:
- Ash Body with Lacquer Finish
- Two Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Telecaster Pickups
- 1952 "U"-Shaped neck profile
- 9.5" Radius Fingerboard
- Vintage-Style Hardware
- Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele Bridge with Three Brass Barrel Saddles
- Includes Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
Crafting the American Original ‘50s Telecaster
Ash has been used to craft the iconic Telecaster body, with its cutaway design allowing for easy reach of the higher frets – essential for guitar solos, lead guitar and other adventurous styles.
The Maple neck has a thick 1952 U shape profile which gracefully fills your fretting hand and features a modern 9.5” radius Maple fretboard while sporting Vintage Tall size frets - another nod to this incredible guitar’s legendary origins.
The gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the American Original ‘50s Telecaster is another great feature as it allows the wood to “breathe” naturally with resonant tone while also aging in a distinctive and extremely appealing way.
Vintage Style Hardware and Electronics
On the body of the guitar is a three-saddle vintage-style Tele bridge featuring brass saddles like you’d expect from a real 1950s Telecaster.
The strings-through-body design of the bridge enhances sustain so the American Original ‘50s Telecaster will really sing.
Up on the headstock, you’ll find six Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines allowing you to precisely, and securely tune your strings while they add an extra bit of vintage aesthetic to this gorgeous guitar.
Retaining the legendary sound of a true 1950s Fender Telecaster, the Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele pickups are as period-correct as possible.
From their enamel-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires to the fibre bobbins and Alnico 3 magnets – these amazing pickups really give you that authentic ‘50s Fender sound.
They even have copper-plated steel base plates while the pole pieces are flush mounted – just like the originals!
A three-way pickup selector switch allows you to choose how you’d like to use the pickups:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickup
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
You can further adjust your overall output by way of Master Volume and Master Tone control knobs. With his many tonal options, it’s no wonder why the Fender Telecaster remains so popular after all these decades.
Includes Hardshell Case
In keeping with the original ‘50s era theme, the Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster even comes with a vintage-style hardshell case – the perfect way to store your guitar and protect it on your way to gigs.
With its authentic features such as the original-era design, vintage-style hardware and incredible electronics, the Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster allows you to experience the amazing style and tone that has made Fender such a huge influence on modern music.
Fender American Original ‘50s Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde Specs:
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1952 "U"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Nut Width||1.650" (241mm)|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*