The Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster, seen here in glorious Aztec Gold, gives you the fantastic experience of playing a legendary ‘50s Fender Strat with a great modern feel.
The Original Era Strat Strikes Back
Originally released in 1954, the Fender Stratocaster became a classic. With its sleek style, articulate sound and numerous innovations, the electric guitar was redefined, bringing a huge range of possibilities to the world of music.
With the Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster, you have the opportunity to enjoy that same, legendary style and incredible tone but with modern feel and pickup switching.
Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster in Aztec Gold Key Features:
- Alder Body with Lacquer Finish
- Three Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Stratocaster Pickups
- Thick "Soft V"-Shaped neck profile
- 9.5" Radius Fingerboard
- Vintage-Style Hardware
- Six-Point Synchronized Tremolo Bridge
- Includes Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
Crafting the American Original ‘50s Stratocaster
Alder has been used to craft the iconic double-cutaway design of the Stratocaster body, allowing for easy reach of the higher frets – essential for guitar solos, lead guitar and other adventurous styles.
The Maple neck has a Soft V shape profile which is perfect for chording and features a 9.5” radius Maple fingerboard which further enhances playability while sporting Vintage Tall size frets – another nod to this incredible guitar’s legendary origins.
The gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the American Original ‘50s Stratocaster is another great feature as it allows the wood to “breathe” naturally while also aging in a distinctive and extremely appealing way.
Vintage Style Hardware and Electronics
Allowing you to get that fantastic, retro whammy sound – a staple of classic rock ‘n’ roll - in your own music, the Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster comes equipped with a Pure Vintage 6 Saddle Synchronised Tremolo.
Up on the headstock, you’ll find six Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines allowing you to precisely, and securely tune your strings while they add an extra bit of vintage aesthetic to this gorgeous guitar.
Retaining the legendary sound of a true 1950s Fender Stratocaster, the three Pure Vintage ‘59 Single-Coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible.
From their Formvar-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires to the fibre bobbins and use of Alnico 5 magnets – these amazing pickups really give you that authentic ‘50s Fender sound.
A five-way pickup selector switch allows you to choose how you’d like to use the pickups:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
A set of controls in the form of Master Volume, Tone 1 (for the neck and middle pickup) and Tone 2 (for the bridge pickup) allow you to really tailor your sound to your exact liking.
Due to this amazing versatility, the Fender Stratocaster has been a favourite for guitarists of many genres.
Includes Hardshell Case
In keeping with the original ‘50s era theme, the Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster even comes with a vintage-style hardshell case – the perfect way to store your guitar and protect it on your way to gigs.
With its authentic features such as the original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware and incredible electronics, the Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster allows you to experience the amazing style and tone that has made Fender a household name and the Stratocaster an iconic instrument.
Fender American Original ‘50s Stratocaster in Aztec Gold Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronised Tremolo
- Tremolo Arm: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Bridge Mounting: 6-Screw Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Eggshell
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||10.800000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Nut Width||1.650" (42mm)|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.