Eventide Omnipressor 50th Anniversary Model 2830 Au
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
Eventide, a name synonymous with audio excellence, proudly marks the 50th anniversary of the iconic Omnipressor with the introduction of this golden-anniversary <strong>Eventide Omnipressor Model 2830 Au</strong>.
This meticulous recreation pays homage to the compressor that revolutionized the concept of dynamics processing for special effects.
A Legacy of Innovation
In 1973, Eventide Clockworks unveiled the Omnipressor, setting a new standard by promoting the use of dynamics for special effects. This groundbreaking device quickly found its place in studios worldwide alongside the Instant Phaser and the Instant Flanger, becoming classic staples in the recording industry.
While the Phaser and Flanger continued to shine, the Omnipressor, with its unique dynamic reversal, infinite compression, variable gating, and distinct "side chain," eventually went out of production. Exclusive parts became hard to find, and the industry, less advanced at the time, found it challenging to grasp this pioneering innovation.
The First of Its Kind
The Omnipressor was the first dynamics effects processor of its kind, opening the door to a broad spectrum of dynamic effects previously unattainable.
Originally conceived by Eventide's founder, Richard Factor, and later adapted for production by Jon Paul, the Omnipressor provided precise control over every aspect of dynamic modification. It introduced the concept of the 'side chain' and foreshadowed techniques that are now commonplace, such as 'look ahead' processing.
Notably, one of Eventide's earliest customers was none other than Brian May, the legendary lead guitarist of Queen.
The Golden Anniversary Tribute
Today, Eventide proudly presents the golden-anniversary Omnipressor Model 2830 Au. Meticulously recreated using the original hand-drawn schematics from the Eventide archives, this new model faithfully preserves the circuitry and sound of the original 2830.
The Au model introduces several enhancements, including the ability to link multiple units and the inclusion of input and output audio transformers, a luxury that came at an additional cost in the original model. It also features a universal power supply, a convenient back-lit meter, and user-friendly TRS/XLR connectors to replace the original terminal strip.
Eventide Omnipressor 50th Anniversary 2830 Au Key Features
- Dynamics Processing: Unlock the potential to create ethereal and otherworldly sounds.
- Dynamic Reversal: Pioneering soft signals becoming loud and loud signals turning quiet, simulating tape reversal—a unique trait of this versatile compressor.
- Function Control: Adjust the ratio across a continuous range, spanning from extreme expansion to infinite compression and delving into dynamic reversal.
- Variable Control: Fine-tune attack and release times, maximum gain, and maximum attenuation.
- Side Chain: Enable the Omnipressor's level detection to be driven by another audio source.
- Gating: Squash amplitudes of signals that fall below a set threshold.
- Expansion: Widen a signal's dynamic range, allowing louder to get louder and softer to get softer.
- Compression: Enjoy variable control over compression ratio.
- Infinite Compression: When you need everything to come out at the same level, this feature has you covered.
- Limiting: A fast, versatile limiter for maintaining a consistently loud sound.
- Intuitive Interface: Streamlined and easy to operate, ensuring effortless navigation.
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.