Thunderbird basses are some of the most instantly recognisable on the market, having been a favourite of bands like The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and even Cheap Trick since their initial release in 1963.
In this latest incarnation, the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass, you have an impressively accurate reproduction of those classic 1960s instruments, with everything from the headstock down to the tailpiece built to the same specifications.
Vintage Looks and Sounds in an Affordable Package
Featuring that classic Thunderbird look - as originally devised by automotive designer Ray Dietrich in the early 1960s - and the very same profile as those originally factory models, a 1960s style rounded neck profile, and a set of critically acclaimed ProBucker #760 Bass Pickups, the unmistakeably thunderous sounds that this bass produces could easilly become the foundation for your rock band. Not only that but it can now be yours in this stunning Ebony finish!
High Grade Electronics
ProBucker #760 bass humbuckers are made with the same attention to detail as the guitar equivalent ProBucker and P-90 PRO pickups, with sand cast Alnico II magnets, high-quality 4 conductor lead wire, and vacuum wax potting. These pickups are fantastically controlled by a master Tone and two individual Volume control pots, each of which is topped with a Gold "Top Hat".
Value For Money
You'd be forgiven for thinking that a bass which looks, sounds, and feels every bit the vintage instrument would be a little on the expensive side. However, in true Epiphone fashion, this bass can be yours for an absolute steal of a price, and here at PMT you can even make use of our 0% Finance offers to help you spread the payment over several months!
- Accurate reproduction of vintage classic
- Featuring new ProBucker #760 bass humbuckers
- Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Material: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Scale Length: 34"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with "Epiphone" silkscreened in GOLD
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: pearloid "dot" inlays
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone,
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal; Toggle Cap, White
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with chrome metal inserts
- Bridge: 1960s TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960s "Claw" Tailpiece
- Plastic Parts: Black; PVC
- Colour: Ebony (EB)
|Neck Wood||7-piece mahogany / walnut laminate|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||thunderbird style|
September 4, 2019Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.