Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Pro (760 Humbuckers) Tobacco Sunburst
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
Thunderbird basses are some of the most instantly recognisable on the market, having been a favourite of bands like The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and even Cheap Trick since their initial release in 1963.
In this latest incarnation, the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass, you have an impressively accurate reproduction of those classic 1960s instruments, with everything from the headstock down to the tailpiece built to the same specifications.
Vintage Looks and Sounds in an Affordable Package
Featuring that classic Thunderbird look - as originally devised by automotive designer Ray Dietrich in the early 1960s - and the very same profile as those originally factory models, a 1960s style rounded neck profile, and a set of critically acclaimed ProBucker #760 Bass Pickups, the unmistakeably thunderous sounds that this bass produces could easilly become the foundation for your rock band.
High Grade Electronics
ProBucker #760 bass humbuckers are made with the same attention to detail as the guitar equivalent ProBucker and P-90 PRO pickups, with sand cast Alnico II magnets, high-quality 4 conductor lead wire, and vacuum wax potting. These pickups are fantastically controlled by a master Tone and two individual Volume control pots, each of which is topped with a Gold "Top Hat".
Value For Money
You'd be forgiven for thinking that a bass which looks, sounds, and feels every bit the vintage instrument would be a little on the expensive side. However, in true Epiphone fashion, this bass can be yours for an absolute steal of a price, so order yours at PMT Online today and choose from our excellent range of Home Delivery options!
- Accurate reproduction of vintage classic
- Featuring new ProBucker #760 bass humbuckers
- Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Material: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Scale Length: 34"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with "Epiphone" silkscreened in GOLD
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: pearloid "dot" inlays
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone,
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal; Toggle Cap, White
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with chrome metal inserts
- Bridge: 1960s TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960s "Claw" Tailpiece
- Plastic Parts: Black; PVC
- Colors: Tobacco Sunburst (TS)
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|7-ply Mahogany / Walnut Laminate
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.