With the new Masterbilt Century series for 2016, Epiphone have done something very cool and original - they're bringing back vintage designs from the 1920s and 1930s, but with some fantastic upgrades for the modern players. This Epiphone Masterbilt Century Zenith Classic in Vintage Sunburst is one of the new models, and won't disappoint those guitarists looking for an acoustic with a difference - authentic vintage looks, but modern features.
A History of Archtop Excellence Since 1931, Reinvented for the 21st Century
A 21st Century Archtop with eSonic HD preamp & traditional “f”-hole. The Masterbilt Zenith Classic Acoustic/Electric Guitar is a medium-sized archtop with an arched Solid Spruce top with traditional Longitudinal Bracing, a laminated Flame Maple body, and classic f-holes. Inside the upper f-hole is a 1930s era replica Epiphone label. The Zenith Classic is available in traditional Vintage Natural and Vintage Sunburst aged gloss finishes, each with unique color tones inspired by Epiphone’s priceless vintage collection in Nashville, Tennessee. The tortoise style pickguard comes unattached. Pickguard hardware comes included.
Epiphone’s first Masterbilt archtops quickly rose to popularity during the 1930s “Big Band” era and were renowned for their warm woody tone, wide tonal range and punchy volume. However, with the invention of the electric guitar pickup, archtop acoustic guitars quickly became equipped with magnetic amplification and were for the most part, forever transformed into “electric” guitars. Until now… Epiphone, the leader in affordable professional archtop guitars, reinvents the archtop again by combining our original, time-tested designs with 21st century acoustic guitar electronics to bring you the new Masterbilt Century Collection. The first collection of archtop “acoustic/electric” guitars designed to be played and amplified as true acoustic instruments. Just play one and you will immediately feel and hear the difference between today’s common “flat top” acoustic guitar and the unique voice of a Masterbilt Century.
Plug one in and prepare to be amazed! Really. You have to hear it to believe it. Now with the eSonic HD preamp and Shadow NanoFlex HD Under-saddle pickup, you can plug in any Masterbilt Century archtop acoustic/electric into an amp or any PA and hear your guitar’s beautiful and dynamic true acoustic tone on any size stage. For flattop guitarists who have only played old plywood archtops, the sound of a Masterbilt Century guitars will be a revelation. Get ready for a totally new acoustic guitar experience!
- Historic Epiphone Archtop Design with classic "f" Hole
- Solid Spruce Top with Longitudinal Bracing
- True Acoustic Sound with Sonic HD Preamp/NanoFlex HD pickup
- Ebony Fretboard
- Historic Tuners and Headstock Inlay Design
- Finish Aged Gloss
- Hardware Aged Nickel
- Top Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Body Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Dimensions Lower Bout = 16"
- Upper Bout = 11.6"
- Waist = 9.4"
- Body Length = 20.125"
- Neck 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Profile Rounded "C" shape
- Preamp eSonic™ HD (High Definition)
- Controls Master Volume & Master EQ
- Pickup Shadow NanoFlex™ HD; Under-saddle
- Power 9 Volt Battery
- Output Jack 1/4"
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Neck Joint
- Dovetail; Glued-In
- Fingerboard Ebony
- F’Brd Inlay Pearloid "Falling Snowflakes"
- Headstock Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos
- Tuners Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons; Improved to 18:1 ratio
- Frets 20; Medium
- Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.69" (43mm)
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Strings Cleartone®; 12-53
- Bridge Floating Adjustable; Ebonoid
- Saddle Compensated; Artificial Bone
- Tailpiece Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Binding Body Top - 3-Layer
- Body Back – 3-Layer
- Fingerboard – 1-Layer
- Headstock - None
- "f" Hole - none
- Pickguard Imitation Tortoise
- Strap Buttons Yes
- Serial Number 1930's Era Replica Soundhole Label
- Optional Century Collection De Luxe Hard Case
|Bass Body Size||Full Size|
|Scale Length||25.5" (64.8 cm)|
|Nut Width||1.69" (43mm)|
|Neck Wood||hard maple/mahogany|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||orchestra model|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||laminated flame maple|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.