Epiphone Extura Prophecy Black Aged Gloss
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
Are you on the hunt for an exciting and affordable new guitar, that combines modern playability and voicing options with classic Gibson aesthetics? Then we have just the thing for you!
Classic Gibson Design, With A Few Modern Twists
With the Extura Prophecy, seen here with a sleek Black Aged Gloss finish, Epiphone has delivered a guitar that sports the kind of high-performance playability and tonal options that modern players demand.
Epiphone Extura Prophecy Black Aged Gloss Highlights
- Superb-quality, high-performance electric guitar
- Combines the body shape of a Gibson Explorer with the narrow-waist of a Gibson Futura
- Solid Mahogany back, with a bound AAA Flame Maple veneer top
- Asymmetrical SlimTaper Mahogany neck combines both speed and comfort
- Two custom-voiced Fishman Fluence humbuckers combine with versatile electronics for a huge array of tones
- Excellent value for money - perfect for aspiring pro guitar players
Excellent Quality Construction
To ensure that this guitar offers the ultimate modern playing experience, Epiphone have taken the classic Explorer design and refined a number of features to make it even more player-friendly.
For starters, they have taken the famous Explorer design and combined it with the narrower waist of the Gibson Futura - which is where the name Extura comes from.
In addition to this, the neck has been carved with an Aysmmetrical SlimTaper design, which results in increased fretting hand comfort and less fatigue, allowing you to glide with ease through those long studio sessions and gigs.
For the pickups on this Flying V Prophecy, Epiphone have opted to install a pair of Custom-Voiced Fishman Fluence humbuckers, with a versatile electronic setup.
With these pickups you can choose from three distinct voices - a warm-sounding PAF-like sound, a modern "hot" active humbucker, and a hum-free, slightly overwound single coil sound.
These different voice combinations can be selected via the Push/Pull function on the Volume and Tone controls, and can help take you from classic rock, to modern metal, and everything inbetween, with relative ease.
Epiphone Extura Prophecy Black Aged Gloss Specs
- Shape: Extura
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: AAA Flame Maple veneer
- Binding: Single Ply White
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical SlimTaper with Contoured Heel
- Nut Width: 1.693" / 43mm
- Fingerboard: Ebony, Single Ply White binding
- Scale Length: 24.724" / 628mm
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut: Black Graph Tech NuBone
- Inlay: Block and Triangle; Abalone compliments body color
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone Stop Bar
- Knobs: Knurled Metal, Brushed Nickel
- Tuners: Grover Locking Rotomatic
- Plating: Brushed Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Proprietary
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Proprietary
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone - push/pull switches for pickup voicing options
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.