If you're a guitarist who's ever found themselves needing some slick bass playing on a recording, but can't seem to find a bassplayer that can deliver the goods, you're in luck. Introducing the Electro Harmonix BASS9 Bass Machine: the latest offering from EHX's 9 Series!
EHX 9 Series Bass Machine
This polyphonic bass machine can help transform your guitar into one of nine different basses without the need for any extra hardware, MIDI, or instrument mods.
Electro Harmonix BASS9 Bass Machine Highlights
- Pays homage to nine of the best bass sounds ever
- Tracks impeccably and works on guitar without mods, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- Independent Effect and Dry volume knobs let you precisely control your mix at the Effects output
- Controls 1 and 2 have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the nine programs
- Dry output jack outputs the input signal at unity gain
- Compact, rugged, easy to use
Utilising the same technology as the likes of the MEL9 and C9 pedals, the BASS9 would make a great addition to any recording artist's setup.
In addition to this, the pedal is also equipped with a brand new algorithm that's been optimised for transposing up to two sub-octaves down whilst retaining superior dynamics and tracking.
Nine Different Voices
Thanks to a comprehensive rotary switch, dialing in your ideal bass voice couldn't be easier. The voices available are as follows:
- Precision: Pays homage to the iconic P Bass
- Longhorn: Emulates the classic Longhorn 6-string bass, ideal for baritone type tones
- Fretless: Features both electric and standup fretless basses
- Synth: A tribute to the classic Taurus Synthesizer
- Virtual: Lets the user adjust the bass’s body density and neck length for a variety of bass sounds
- Bowed: Classic bowed bass
- Split Bass: Makes it possible for the guitarist to play bass on the lower strings (all notes below F#3) and chords or melody with the higher strings
- 3:03: A polyphonic salute to the sought after TB-303 vintage bass synth
- Flip-flop: Inspired by EHX’s Octave Multiplexer, it provides a ’70s style logic driven sub-octave generator that tracks without glitches
In addition to this, the BASS9 also comes equipped with independent Effect and Dry volume controls, allowing you to precisely tune your mix at the Effects output stage.
Not only that, but there's an always-active Dry output socket, for when you want a clean signal coming through into the mix too.
Easy To Use
As you will notice from the above image, the BASS9 comes equipped with two parameter controls in addition to the Voice selector.
These controls have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the 9 voices - e.g. on Voice 6 (Bowed) CTRL 1 controls sub-octave mixing between 1 Octave and 2 Octaves, whilst CTRL 2 adjusts the Bow's attack speed.
Each of these controls and voice selections are explored in detail with the user manual included in the box.
Available To Order Now
Contact our Online Sales Team, or visit your local PMT Store today to discuss the availability of the awesome EHX BASS9.
Don't forget: if you order Online you get to choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Electro Harmonix BASS9 Bass Machine Technical Specs
- Bypass: Buffered
- Input impedance: 1 MOhm
- Output impedance (for both output jacks): 500 Ohm
- Current draw: 100mA
|Effects||9 different bass voice emulations|
|Power Supply||9v dc adapter or battery|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.