DiMarzio DP100FBK Super Distortion Pickup F-spaced black
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
This pickup started a sound revolution. Replacement pickups simply didn’t exist before the invention of the Super Distortion in the early Seventies. The Super Distortion (and its original 3-conductor version, the Dual Sound) was the first pickup specifically designed to kick a tube amp into total overdrive, and is still the standard by which all other high-output pickups are measured.
- The Super Distortion has a perfect blend of power and tone: both single-notes and chords jump out of the amp and fill the room (or the track) with a wall of sound. The balance of tones is classic — thick, boosted mids, big lows and fat highs. This is the sound you’ve heard for over three decades on platinum records, from players as varied as Ace Frehley, Al Di Meola, and Paul Gilbert.
- It’s also versatile: 4-conductor wiring allows instant access to Strat-like split and series-parallel modes. Discover what thousands of great players know: the Super Distortion is the best all ’round high-power pickup ever made.
When we first built the Super Distortion, it was a 1-conductor pickup. As a 4-conductor pickup, it's extremely versatile. Coil-splitting produces a very Strat-like option, both in tone and power. Parallel wiring is similar to splitting, but it's still humbucking and a little more hollow-sounding; Paul Gilbert used to use two Super Distortion pickups wired in parallel when he was in Racer X.
DiMarzio Super Distortion Specifications
- Recommended For: The Super Distortion is primarily a bridge position pickup, although it can be used in the neck position with a relatively low-gain amp. Specifically designed for solid-bodies, hollow and semi-hollow guitars can be hard to control with warm, high output pickups.
- Quick Connect: No
- Wiring: 4 Conductor
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Resistance: 13.68 Kohm
- Year of Introduction: 1972
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.