The BOSS Katana-Head MkII guitar amplifier head gives you new tones, effects and features, giving you an evolution of the acclaimed first generation Boss Katana amps.
The Evolution of A Modern Classic
The Boss Katana series of amps blew people away when they came onto the scene and Boss are about to raise the bar again.
Evolving the amazing Katana series, the new Boss Katana Mk2 amp range boasts more sounds, effects and features than before with newly voiced amp tones, effects and more for the best performance yet.
Boss Katana-Head MkII Guitar Amplifier Head Key Features:
- Light and Portable 100 Watt Guitar Amp Head
- Integrated Five Inch Monitor Speaker - Practice Without an External Cab
- Tube Logic Design for Power, Punch and Performance
- Five Unique Amp Characters with Newly Voiced Variations
- Five Independent Effects Sections, Each with Three Selectable Variations
- Power Amp In for Preamps, Modellers and Multi-Effects
- Stereo Expand Out to Link With A Second Katana MkII 100 Watt Amp
- Eight User Editable Tone Setting Memories
- Three Cab Resonance Options
- Mic'd Cabinet Emulation On Line, USB and Phones/Recording Outputs
- Connect Up to Two Footswitches or An Expression Pedal
- MIDI Input for Tone Setting Selection and Effects On/Off from a MIDI Foot Controller
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio Software for Customising Your Sound
Five Amps, Ten Tones, One Guitar Amp Head
Built into this Boss Katana amp head Mk2 are five distinct amp characters; Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown and Acoustic, giving you some really unique sounds to perform with.
Each of these amp options also has newly voiced variations for 10 total flavours to expand your performance potential.
Five Independent Effects
Increasing that potential are five independent effects sections giving you Booster, Mod, FX, Delay and Reverb which can be used simultaneously.
Three variations on each of these sections gives you 15 different effects to get just the sound you're looking for.
You can go even further using the updated Boss Tone Studio software giving you over 60 different effect types along with adjustable routing, channel and global EQs and much more.
The Power of Tube Logic Design
Boss have designed to give you authentic valve amp sound in a lightweight and much more affordable amp head.
They achieved this by utilising Tube Logic design which gives you that same rich and expressive sound.
As a bonus, unlike real valve amps, the Katana MkII amp head features Power Control so you get incredible sound even at low volume levels.
Whether you're playing loud on stage or quietly at home you'll enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound every time.
Expand Your Sound
If you want more, you can add in another 100 watt Katana amp using the Katana amp head's Stereo Expand output.
You can control everything from the master Katana MkII and enjoy stereo effects like chorus, delay, reverb and more with the sound shared across both amps.
This is great for achieving an inspiring wide and immersive sound field.
Perfect for Stage, Home and Studio
With its great range of versatile, built-in tones (and additional sounds from Boss Tone Studio), this is the perfect amp for gigging.
Thanks to mic'd cabinet emulation, which can be found on the Katana-Head MkII's line, USB and phones/recording outputs, you can go direct into the PA and deliver great sound to your audience without the need of a cabinet.
It even has an integrated 5" monitor speaker use on stage which is great for practice too or you can plug your headphones in and get the same great sound that way.
You'll also find it's perfect for recording in the studio as you're able to go straight into your DAW or audio interface with that lifelike mic'd up cabinet sound.
What's more, the direct sound with three different Air Feel settings selectable from Boss Tone Studio so you can get the atmosphere just right.
Better yet - since the Katana Head Mk2 supports two-channel USB operation, you can enjoy true stereo sound with the Katana's stereo modulation, EQ, delay and reverb effects.
Updated Boss Tone Studio Software
The incredibly useful Boss Tone Studio software has also received an upgraded with a new interface giving you great results faster.
A dedicated Pedal FX category is now present, allowing you to easily assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal.
You can also use Boss Tone Studio to transfer your custom patches from your old Katana amp if you're upgrading from the first generation.
Great Tone, Power and Versatility
An evolution of a massively popular amp series, Boss Katana amps have raised the bar again.
Buy the Boss Katana guitar amp from PMT Online now and get incredible tone and versatility in a lightweight, portable amp head.
Boss Katana-Head MkII Guitar Amplifier Head Specs:
- Rated Power Output: 30 W (Using Internal Speaker), 100 W (Using External Speaker)
- Power Consumption: 77 W
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms), RETURN IN: -10 dBu (100 k ohm)
- Speaker: 12 cm (5 inches) x 1
- Controls: POWER switch, MASTER knob, PRESENCE knob, POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 50 W, 100 W), CAB RESONANCE switch (VINTAGE, MODERN, DEEP)
- VARIATION button
- AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- BOOSTER button
- MOD button
- FX button
- DELAY button
- REVERB button
- TAP button
- BOOSTER knob
- MOD knob
- FX knob
- DELAY knob
- REVERB knob
- CH1 button
- CH2 button
- CH3 button
- CH4 button
- PANEL button
- STEREO EXPAND switch
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SPEAKER OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type (Minimum 8 ohm)
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- MIDI IN connector
- AC IN jack
- Dimensions (Include handle and rubber feet): 470 (W) x 228 (D) x 215 (H) mm, 18-9/16 (W) x 9 (D) x 8-1/2 (H) inches
- Weight: 9.8 kg, 19 lbs 7 oz
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Power cord, GA-FC sticker
Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- GA FOOT CONTROLLER (GA-FC)
* 0dBu=0.775 Vrms
|Effects||booster, mod, fx, delay, and reverb|
September 17, 2018Read Article
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.