Boss DS-1X Compact Distortion Guitar Pedal
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
DS-1X; taking the famous Boss distortion you know and love and thrusting into the modern era an incredible level of expression and peerless performance.
Special Edition Boss Distortion
Combining over 40 years of technical knowledge, pedal design innovation and cutting edge technology, this next generation Boss Distortion pedal delivers a new tonal experience that only Boss could bring you.
Boss X Series Technology
When designing the X Series pedals, Boss wanted to deliver something truly special. To that end, an incredible amount of research and development was put in to creating the proprietary Boss MDP chip, allowing for Multi-Dimensional Processing.
Multi-Dimensional Processing, or “MDP” for short, allows the pedal to analyse your performance and adapt its own output to your playing.
With the DS-1X you get a pedal that changes the way the guitar world looks at distortion stompboxes, delivering incredible levels of clarity and dynamic response.
Thanks to Boss’ MDP technology, the Boss DS-1X gives you distortion that sounds great wherever you’re playing on the neck; even when you’re at the highest gain settings.
Fat, full bodied tones on the high notes and crisp, clear, tight response on the low notes and incredible definition when playing multiple strings at once. As you play up and down the neck you’ll notice that the MDP technology adapts to your performance so you’re always getting optimum tone.
Regardless of your settings, the DS-1X never gives you a muddy or boomy sound – just a smooth, natural presence allowing you to cut through without sounding harsh.
The combined input from the world’s greatest guitarists and the engineers at Boss has produced an incredibly musical, inspiring and exciting technology in the Boss X Series pedals.
Being a special edition Boss distortion pedal, the all-new design of the DS-1X gives you a superior playing experience that you just can’t get from analogue distortion pedals.
From tight and right, crisp tones on the low strings, to the fattest, singing tones on the high notes – you get the perfect sound across the entire fretboard.
The incredible high-clarity of the distortion sound always sounds great; never boomy or muddy, even when you’re playing multiple notes at once and the noise level is extremely low; even at the highest gain settings.
Solid, Intuitive Design
At the top of the pedal you will find four knobs, giving you full control over your sonic output- LEVEL, LOW, HIGH and DISTORTION. Thanks to the recessed control panel design that Boss incorporates on their compact guitar pedals there’s no danger of accidentally knocking your settings when you’re rocking out on stage.
The thick chrome control plate is very sturdy and gives the pedal a nice, classy look along with exclusive chrome knobs that haven’t been seen on Boss pedals before.
A silver screw secures the battery compartment, paying tribute to the original Boss stompbox pedals released back in the 1970s.
Also, being Boss guitar pedals, the robust all-metal chassis is nigh on indestructible and is perfect for taking on the road.
The DS-1X gives you a distortion tone that just feels right and sounds perfect from the moment you stomp it on; giving you a rich, inspiring playing experience.
Boss DS-1X Distortion Pedal Key Features:
- BOSS Five-Year Warranty
- Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP), Proprietary Technology and Custom DSP
- Exclusive Chrome Knobs and Control Plate
- Silver Knob for Battery Compartment Access
- Distortion, High and Low Knobs Gibe You Sonic Control Not Usually Found in Stompbox Pedals
- Ultra-Responsive to Volume Changes and Picking Dynamics
- High-Clarity Distortion Sound
- Powerful Real-Time Processing Adapts to Your Playing for Perfect Distortion
- All-New, Special Edition Design for Next Generation Performance
Boss DS-1X Distortion Pedal Specs:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal switch, LEVEL knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob, DIST knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)Power SupplyAlkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 45 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use:
- Alkaline: Approx. 9 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 2.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.