Boss BC-1X; an intelligent multiband compressor for truly dynamic bass players.
Multiband Compression in a Compact Pedal
Any modern bassist will know that compression is an essential tool for your arsenal. With a multitude of bass compressor pedals on the market, Boss set out to deliver the one compact bass pedal to rule them all.When designing the X Series pedals, Boss wanted to deliver something truly special. To that end, an incredible amount of research and development was put in to creating the proprietary Boss MDP chip, allowing for Multi-Dimensional Processing.
Boss’s proprietary technology; Multi-Dimensional Processing, or “MDP” for short, allows the pedal to analyse your performance and adapt its own output to your playing.
This enables the BC-1X to provide incredibly natural compression to your sound without ever overwhelming it or detracting from your instrument’s own unique characteristics.
Even when setting the compressor to the most aggressive levels, the BC-1X captures every detail and nuance of your performance.
Regardless of how you play or where on the fretboard; your sound stays true so you can play as expressively as your creativity requires without having to worry about constantly adjusting the settings for different songs and styles.
Simple Controls, Great Results
Conventional compressors can be quite difficult to get the settings perfect and aren’t very user friendly so Boss have designed the BC-1X to give great results with minimal fuss.
Behind the scenes, each of the pedal’s controls are interacting with each other on an extremely highly detailed level. With the simple turn of a knob, a number of interlocked parameters are adjusted in real time all at once.
This gives you an incredible level of dynamics and tone shaping control that you never find in standard compressor pedals and it gives you the kind of results you’d expect from high-end studio processors; all with at your fingertips with a few simple knobs.
High End Features and Pro-Grade Performance
Designed for professional practicality, the BOSS BC-1X Bass Compressor has some great high-end features to deliver all-round incredible performance.
18-volt input circuitry provides a huge amount of headroom so you don’t have to worry about clipping, even with the hottest active basses.
A gain reduction indicator makes use of 12 lit segments so you can clearly see the amount of compression being applied at a glance; this is a feature that is rarely seen on compact stompbox compressors.
Extremely low noise levels compared to other compressors thanks to incredible Boss technology means your signal is incredibly pure and works great in the studio.
The recessed control area of the pedal means that you won’t accidentally be knocking all your settings out as you stomp away and rock out on stage while the legendary metal chassis that comes standard on Boss pedals will ensure rock solid reliability for years to come.
Delivering studio processor quality compression in a compact stompbox, the Boss BC-1X Compressor pedal is an indispensable tool for the modern gigging bassist.
Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor Pedal Key Features:
- BOSS Five-Year Warranty
- Intelligent Circuitry Adapts to Every Register and Playing Nuance for Natural Compression
- Preserves Your Fundamental Bass Tone
- Interactive Internal Processing Enables Sophisticated Multiband Compressor Settings from Simple Compact Stompbox Controls
- Professional 18-Volt Input Electronics for Great Headroom Ensuring Clean Sound Without Distortion
- High-Resolution Gain Reduction Indicator
- Digital Circuitry Greatly Reduces Noise
Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor Pedal Specs:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: Pedal switch, THRESHOLD knob, RATIO knob, RELEASE knob, LEVEL knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator), GAIN REDUCTION indicator
- Connectors: INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Working Voltage: 18 V
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use:
- Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours
(These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*